Please help, art for war story has not been approved

My story is about war and two soldiers come in like this (For those not in the mood for blood: these are edits of soldiers with bullet and slash wounds):

Summary

ESTHERWOUNDED

Summary

JAMESWOUNDED

This has been disapproved because it’s too violent. Okay… I understand this, but what do I need to cover up to make it okay? I mean, it is war and some blood will have to be on screen, right? I think I can cover up the leg and the bullet wounds with a blanket/ bandage. Would that be enough?
Honestly, I have seen blood and bullet wounds in stories so I’m just trying to find the line.
Thank you in advance!

They’re so picky! They’ll approve wound overlays, if you know how to use overlays effectively you can always just place them on the characters in the script. A bit more work but without removing all the ‘gory’ bits I think it’s the only way unfortunately :frowning:

I don’t see anything wrong with the second pic, lol. I’ve seen worse on Episode.

Sure I can use overlays but these are… 15 different ones :woman_facepalming: also I don’t want to risk them taking down my story.

I know, right?

Understandable. Maybe take out the leg wound and cover some of the blood with bandages. I would upload different versions and see what they approve. I know it’s a pain :confounded: good luck with your story!

2 Likes

This is off-topic, but I always see you commenting and helping people on threads like these :slight_smile: I just want to say you’re doing a great job and our community is lucky to have a helpful person such as you :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I agree! :heart:

2 Likes

Good idea, thank you :heart:

Ahh you guys :see_no_evil: thank you! I know how hard it is when you first start writing and coding so I like to help :heart:

1 Like

How’s this? :thinking:

Summary

TAILGATENEW

2 Likes

Looks good! Shouldn’t be a problem with that… fingers crossed!

1 Like

Looks good afff. Girl teach me your editing skills :joy:

1 Like

:laughing: this is just Paint!

1 Like

Just to prepare you for it, but you might still have a problem with that image too, hopefully not, but it does contain a fair amount of blood still in it.
I have seen people before who have had brilliant art scenes etc made for their stories and have had to change them as they have been refused for being too bloody etc. Usually they edit them to make the blood pools/smudges etc smaller and the injuries less gory.

1 Like

There might be a possibility they will reject it. One artist in Instagram drawn this shirt in their image and it was denied. She redid it leaving out the blood. And they approved it. It was weird because episode provides this shirt.

1 Like

Here’s something from the guidelines about this;

References to Assault, Violence & Torture:

• No graphic / explicit / detailed descriptions of rape / assault / violence / gore / etc.
  • Authors can give general descriptions or broad strokes, but not details.
    • Ex: they can say a rape / murder / assault happened, but cannot describe the details, injuries or physical sensations.
    • Physical or sexual abuse can referenced provided the representation is respectful, contextually appropriate and doesn’t glorify being a victim / survivor.
  • Torture cannot be depicted on screen. References to torture, and evidence of torture are allowed, but cannot be explicit or gratuitous.
1 Like

I was thinking about this… These clothes weren’t intended for the one who was hurt, I guess. They also have torn and bloody clothes for a woman. She must’ve had a hell of a ride to look like that!

I know but I have to try. The first scene in my story is supposed to have the reader think: “what am I doing here?”. The MC literally says: “There’s so much blood”. I can change the scene, but it will be hard. It’s war and there is a wounded soldier I can’t delete from the first scenes!
Worst case I’ll just have to remove more blood and make the whole scene darker/ nighttime. But I hope this will be okay. And I guess I won’t describe how they were hurt,

Well good luck with it anyway :slightly_smiling_face: hope it works out

1 Like