Please help! (Does this happen to anyone else?

This may seem like a directing error but I really think it is both but more of a bug- that will be explained later

So, I have a really, really long line of dialogue on one line. Ok, I know that you’re not supposed to do that, but it’s the only way I know of to actually make the scene work out.

Here’s the line: (I have generic names that I’ll change later lolz)

@ CINDERELLA changes into PRINCESS CINDERELLA AND PRINCE CHARMING spot 1.28 200 100 in zone 1 AND PRINCE CHARMING faces left AND CINDERELLA spot 1.28 200 100 in zone 1 AND CINDERELLA faces left AND PRINCE CHARMING faces left AND CINDERELLA spot 1.28 200 100 in zone 1 AND CINDERELLA faces left AND PRINCE CHARMING moves to layer 2 AND CINDERELLA moves to layer 1 AND PRINCE CHARMING starts dance_slow_rear AND CINDERELLA starts dance_slow AND zoom on 235 499 to 268% in 0
I know there is an error with this but I will fix it but I couldn’t because of this bug.

Ok, so I have had really long dialogues on one line before, but never have I experienced this. I honestly have no idea if this is Episode or my computer.

Bug:
So I write this long line of dialogue and it says there’s an error with it, cool, I can fix that. I go to fix it and I manage to "clean up the first part of it- up until the first prince charming. Then I have to scroll across the screen to read the rest of it to fix it. Let’s say I realise what’s wrong and go to the very end of the dialogue to delete it to see if that fixed it. I go to delete it. I click the spot I want to delete- but it’s not clicking there.
You know the little bar thing that indicates where the mouse is? You knowIkinda looks like this I except it kinda blinks…

Example:
@ CINDERELLA changes into PRINCESS CINDERELLA AND PRINCE CHARMING spot 1.28 200 100 in zone 1 AND PRINCE CHARMING faces left AND CINDERELLA spot 1.28 200 100 in zone 1 AND CINDERELLA faces left AND PRINCE CHARMING faces left AND CINDERELLA spot 1.28 200 100 in zone 1 AND CINDERELLA faces left AND PRINCE CHARMING moves to layerI 2 AND CINDERELLA moves to layer 1 AND PRINCE CHARMING starts dance_slow_rear AND CINDERELLA starts dance_slow AND zoom on 235 499 to 268% in 0* i want it to be here at the end of this

but instead it’s there…
CINDERELLA faces left AND PRINCE CHARMING faces left AND CINDERELLA spot 1.28 200 100 in zone 1 AND CINDERELLA faces left AND PRINCE CHARMING moves to layerI 2 AND

Every time I go to move it, it either moves it further back or further forward, yes, I can controll it, but not very much, it never is where my actual mouse is, where I touch the world, it’s always a few words behind and if I want it to be where I click I have to go slowly like this:

I canI… see where this is going
I can… seeI where this is going
I can… see whereI this is going
and this is kinda hard when you have a paragraph to do.

Question: Why don’t you just scroll to the end of the dialogue?

Ah, glad you ask.
Since I have such a long dialogue I have to scroll across the screen a couple times to get to the other side.
You know the space thing where the previewer is and all the animations and stuff for you to preview/insert into you script, ok, now look at that as a wall separated my mouse and my words my mouse doesn’t go past that, every time it does (everytime I scroll to the other side) my mouse goes to the beginning of my dialogue (or whatever you call it)

Sorry, I really didn’t want to take pictures to actually show you… This has never happened before and I refreshed my page and tried to edit a small line and it worked, but when I went to the bigger line, it did the mouse thing again.
Haha, sorry if this makes no sense whatsoever… If you could help me that would be appreciated…
Also- sorry for the cliche names again, the characters in the story are telling the story of Cinderella… sorta… I’m going to change the names later…

Give this a :heartpulse: if this has happened to you

Since this may be a bug, have you submitted a help ticket to the support team? :smiley:

2 Likes

THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME! Soooo weird thought it was my computer so i restarted but it’s still doing it. Tried switching browsers and everything but nothing. Submitting a help ticket now.

1 Like

I found a way to write it so that I do not have to do such long lines, but this is just annoying…

I don’t like submitting tickets, as I don’t like giving my info to a team of strangers… I really just wanted to know if this is bug that is going around… :woman_shrugging: