Please help! I'm getting an error on my script

Hey guys. I wanted to use tappable for my faq, credits, etc overlays. I followed Dara Marie’s template but I keep getting an error. I don’t know how to fix it.

Uploading: IMG20220204164507.jpg…

1 Like

you have messed this up. its suppouse to be a choice but you forgot to write choice and put in {}

1 Like

But that’s not the line that has the error though. Unless I’m missing something

when its inside choices it just say it at the start of your choice not where the mistake is.

anyway what I said is a mistake no matter what and need to be fixed.

these are both wrong

a choice shall always look like this

choice
“option”{

}
"option 2{

}

even if its inside another choice. it shall still look like this.

choice
“option”{

choice
"option"{

}
"option 2{

}
}
"option 2{

}

1 Like

Yes I understand but I want them to be tappable.

Like this credits overlay would be tappable, then after it’s clicked the dialogue would start. After that, the reader has an option to be either done which will take them to the end of the chapter, or they can click main menu and go back to the other overlay options

Lines 1656-1660, what is that for? Is it meant to be a choice to finish up a QandA? You’ve currently got a label that takes your readers back to the QandA, meaning the coding at lines 1656-1660 isn’t necessary.

Lines 1668-1672 needs a “choice” after line 1667.

1 Like

It’s not the fact that you missed a bracket, it just highlights a spot in your script within the bracket in question that has an error. The script is reading the unnecessary choice, but instead of writing that as an exact error, it uses the bracket as the error.

You’d either need to delete line 1654 and add “choice” right before the choice, or remove lines 1656-1660.

1 Like

Maybe I’m coding the whole thing wrong. I wanted to give readers a chance to go to choices like FAQ, CREDITS, POINTS, SUPPORT, etc. I wanted those options to be tappable. For example, when a reader chooses FAQ, a few questions options would show up. The reader chooses a question then the answer shows up. After the reader finishes reading the answer, they go back to the FAQ list if questions. Once the reader is done with the questions, the reader chooses main menu option and can choose options like FAQ, CREDITS, etc. If the reader is done, then the reader chooses DONE, and the chapter ends.

Does that make more sense?

Can you copy and paste the entire menu and send it to me either here or in PMs? You’ve used both formats here for your choices and tappables, and I’d like to see the full menu to get an idea of what youre going for

1 Like

Oh okay I missed that it works same way as choice

you just write tappable instead of choice

tappable
“overlay name”{

}
“overlay name 2”{

}

1 Like

Sure! Here is how it’s scripted:

you still havent fixed this.

1 Like

I meant send it as a message. Copy and paste the entire thing, not pictures. I need to see the entire game and be able to edit it without needing to type it all out

1 Like

I wanted to show the whole script first so you could see if that coding was right or not.

well I knew that code was wrong no matter what and had to be fixed

No, there are multiple errors in it. I need to see the whole thing so I can clearly see and point them all out

this two right here need to be fixed.

which I explain how to do here.

these are missing part of their code, they are missing the word choice there need to be before the choice, and the {} brakets to start and end the choice.

please fix this, to start with.

1 Like

Sorry about that. Here it is:

INT.CREDITS - DAY with FAQ OVERLAY with CREDITS OVERLAY with END CHAPTER OVERLAY with SUPPORT OVERLAY with POINTS OVERLAY

label start_menu

tappable
“FAQ OVERLAY” {

label faq

NARRATOR
What would you like to know?

choice
“How often will you update?” {

NARRATOR
I don't have a set schedule as I am a single-mom, and I have other responsibilities, -

NARRATOR
But, I will try and update at least once a week.

goto faq

} “How many LIs will there be?” {

NARRATOR
There will be two LIs.

goto faq

} “How does the point system work?” {

NARRATOR
Depending on the choices you make with the LIs, will determine whether you gained a LOVE point or not.

NARRATOR
Don't worry! You will definitely not lose any points.

NARRATOR
Also, at the end of each chapter, you have the option to check how many points you have gotten for each LI.

goto faq

} “What is your instagram?” {

NARRATOR
My instagram is: @safi.episode

goto faq

} “Do you have any other stories?” {
@pause for a beat

NARRATOR
My other stories are: A Traveler's Dream, Sofina, A Light In Darkness on Wattpad.

goto faq

“DONE”
goto END
“MAIN MENU”
goto label start_menu

} “CREDITS OVERLAY” {

NARRATOR
Special thanks to: @goji.episode for the amazing splashes!

NARRATOR
Thank you @Marysol.Episode for the amazing credits splash, and overlays.

“DONE”
goto END
“MAIN MENU”
goto label start_menu

} “END CHAPTER” {
@pause for a beat
goto END

}
label END

NARRATOR (SAFI)
Follow me on Instagram for sneak peeks, updates, and more at @safi.episode!

@pause for a beat
music music_vintageemosynth

NARRATOR (SAFI)
Please leave your comments, questions, or concerns in my fanmail!

NARRATOR (SAFI)
See you in the next Episode! Much love!

@pause for 1

INT. SUNROOF - NIGHT with EFFECT COLORED SPOTLIGHTS
@pause for 2

NARRATOR
To be continued...

Ok

I know what you mean here, but that choice may not even be necessary here. If you read what I wrote above, it’s a random choice that occurs after just one of the Q&A questions. It doesn’t seem to fit and I’m trying to figure out what they’re trying to do.