Please Help, I'm lost lol

Say I’m writing out a scene that requires a group of people in the background, how do I go about that?

1 Like

You can place your characters into the scene using spot direction:

Put your characters into the scene at random spots (ex. @JEMU776 stands screen center) and then use the spot helper to move them around and change their size. Copy the coordinates you get and input it into your script. (Just note for below, % stands for height, X stands for left, right and Y stands for up, down; more info in the spot direction article linked)

Ex.
&CHAR spot % X Y in zone # at layer # AND CHAR faces DIRECTION AND CHAR is animation
&CHAR2 spot…
(and so forth, there’s a pattern, replace the symbols with numerical values and you’d replace DIRECTION with either left or right, animation with one that exists-the zone, layer, direction and animation are optional to add, you can just write &CHAR spot % X Y but adding extra stuff helps more, if they’re in another zone, you must add the in zone # part for them to appear there)

Another resource which will help you:

There are cool script commands you can use like THEN/then which is so helpful in regards to background characters paired with &

You can also layer background characters: HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers

I hope all of this helps. I also have a tutorial on spot direction that you can check out, good day :nerd_face: :lollipop:

1 Like

Thank you! I also read something about templates but I’m not sure if that’s easier or harder lol

Pre made spot templates are a little bit easier you just need to create the characters. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t remember if I read that in the guides or if I watched it in a tutorial video but I thought I saw something about that. I’ll have to play around with it tomorrow after work or something. I hear that advanced spot directing is pretty tricky and since I’m just starting out, I would like to try something a tad bit less complicated if I can. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try this, all you have to to do is copy and paste. When you save it, a character generator will pop up, just change the characters to how you want - and just change the background if you want. Maybe this might help :woman_shrugging:t4:

INK

Limelight:

1 Like

You’re welcome! But I think some Instagram accounts have templates, I can try to find some tomorrow for you to look at.

1 Like

@TamiRose ahhhh! Thank you so much :smile:

That’d be cool! Thank you :slight_smile:
I’m going to attempt coding the first episode finally and since it’s taking place in the school, I need characters in the background doing things lol :joy:

No problem. Just tweak it to fix your scene and you should be good. Hope it works if you try it :purple_heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.