Please help me! i cant fix this

So my custom overlays that i’ve made and imported in the writer’s portal are having a probelm. They’re all the same size and use the same coding but one of them somehow changes it’s location and size. I’ve used the same spot directing for them, but only one changes its size randomly. I hope you understand what I mean. (the second one has a different mouth shape than the first, thats the only difference) Here’s my script:

&overlay BASE create

&overlay 5743806406590464_BASE shifts to 24 72 in zone 2
&overlay 5743806406590464_BASE scales to 0.388 0.388
&overlay 5743806406590464_BASE moves to layer 5
&overlay BASE opacity 1

@pause for 3

&overlay BASE OPEN MOUTH create
&overlay BASE OPEN MOUTH shifts to 24 72 in zone 2
&overlay BASE OPEN MOUTH scales to 0.388 0.388
&overlay BASE OPEN MOUTH moves to layer 5
&overlay BASE OPEN MOUTH opacity 1

as you can see they use the same spot directing, so you’d assume they’d be in the same location and size, but i the second one changes its size and area.

1 Like

Could it be perhaps due to both overlays being at the same layer? they are both at layer 5, maybe try adjusting that ± ?

should i make the second one layer 6?

it didnt work, i even tried making it a lower layer :(( i’ve even requested a ticket but they just said ask a question on the forums. i genuinely dont know what im doing wrong

try using spot directing on your second overlay like you did for the first overlay to get it to the same size as your first overlay instead of copying and pasting the scaling and shifting coordinates. let me know if it does or doesn’t work.

i tried re typing the entire thing without copying and pasting, still the same result
and i havent seen anyone else with this problem

no no no, sorry i should’ve went into more detail. what i meant was you know how you used spot directing for the first one where you scaled and placed your overlay to where you want it to go? try doing that for the second one too. then paste the code of the spot directing into your script like you did the first, instead of just retyping the same coordinations of the first overlay. you understand what i’m saying?

i do, and i tried that, but i cant seem to get the coordinates exactly the same

just try getting the closest to the first overlay that you can get, sometimes overlays don’t go to the exact same coordinates that’s why when you copied the first overlays coordinates it’s showing up a different size.

i’ll try that, thank you. its making me go crazy, they have the exact same coordinates but the second one is just A LOT bigger

1 Like