Please Help me w art! šŸ˜

Sooo Iam currently struggling in drawing and making art and I really want to learn how to draw wellā€¦i try every day but i just donā€™t see any progress. I can only draw boring things and i wanna improve my art style and perspective.

I also procrastinate soo much and drawing not so good looking art makes me more demotivatedā€¦

Any recommendations to some good tutorials or a good learning method? Maybe a good free art class? :joy:

Any help is appreciated! :revolving_hearts:

Hey!
Iā€™m currently planning an art school on here, it still might take a bit until everythingā€™s ready. But if thatā€™d be fine with you, you can already sign up here, so that I could tag you as soon as Iā€™ve opened it:

2 Likes

Thank uuu! I will check it out

1 Like

hello may i ask what art are you making? is it traditional or digital? because if itā€™s digital, i posted some digital drawing tutorials on the forums for a short bit :3

Digital! I wanna learn an artstyle like the ones in manhwas and just good looking art in general :()

practice
even if you donā€™t feel youā€™re improving you arešŸ„°
my art when i first joined the community and now

1 Like

Wowww :heart_eyes: thx for the tip!

well youā€™re in luck, my drawing tutorial threads are still up, but those are more for rendering if anything. if youā€™re up for video tutorials, then iā€™d highly suggest markcrilley (https://www.youtube.com/user/markcrilley/playlists) for nearly everything since the manā€™s been making tutorials and uploading drawing content since i was in highschool. heā€™s got both perspective and anime tutorials on his channel if youā€™re interested.

improving on artstyle tho, is a whole different story, aside from practice, i canā€™t really suggest all that much since the artstyle just comes to you the more you draw, but if youā€™d like a hint, itā€™s usually what youā€™re more comfortable drawing with after studying various artstyles from different artists.

i.e. the majority of my artwork is mostly influenced by anime from the 2000ā€™s to early 2010ā€™s including the movies, j-pop song animations, a bit of modern and classic disney; Vivienne Medranoā€™s early character concept art and work, impressionist paintings, and 3d background making.

TLDR: every bit of my style is more or less an analysis on studying other artistā€™s techniques and integrating it bit by bit to how I draw, so I suggest doing studies on the artists you look up to, try to figure out how they drew like that in the first place, then try adding it in your drawing process

1 Like

Thank you soooo much! That was so helpful :sob::cupid:

1 Like

Moved to Art Resources since this is art-related. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if youā€™ve got questions. :smiley:

Can you please close this thread @Sydney_H :blush:

1 Like

Closed by OP request. :smiley: