Please help me with this animation thing

So I have written this but for some reason he walks backwards and his face won’t face the left side?

I want him to walk facing the other way…

@DOCTOR WEST faces right AND DOCTOR WEST walks to spot 1.280 228 8 in zone 3 AND DOCTOR WEST is walk_neutral_rear then DOCTOR WEST is talk_handsonhips_neutral_rear AND DOCTOR WEST moves to layer 10

Also I tried

@DOCTOR WEST faces left AND DOCTOR WEST walks to spot 1.280 228 8 in zone 3 AND DOCTOR WEST is walk_neutral_rear then DOCTOR WEST is talk_handsonhips_neutral_rear AND DOCTOR WEST moves to layer 10 a

And still nothing changes

try splitting it

@DOCTOR WEST walks to spot 1.280 228 8 in zone 3 AND DOCTOR WEST faces left AND DOCTOR WEST is walk_neutral_rear
@DOCTOR WEST is talk_handsonhips_neutral_rear AND DOCTOR WEST moves to layer 10

try this one?

You need to write him facing right. It’s super weird, but you have to think of it backwards when they are facing backward.

1 Like

He walks then faces the front screen then faces the correct position but I want him to face instantly

1 Like

I’m confused. So, the way I would write this is…

@DOCTOR walks to spot whatever and DOCTOR does it while rear walking animation and DOCTOR faces right THEN DOCTOR is rear animation and DOCTOR faces right

Moved to Directing Help and Tips since this is about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

^

It’s always best to organize the commands like this: walks > faces > animation
And you should always use “does it while” instead of “is” when making a character walk while doing an animation

@DOCTOR WEST walks to spot 1.280 228 8 in zone 3 and DOCTOR WEST faces right and DOCTER WEST does it while walk_neutral_rear then DOCTOR WEST is talk_handsonhips_neutral_rear AND DOCTOR WEST moves to layer 10

OMG THANK YOU YOU’RE A LIFE SAVOR! Truly!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.