Please help! Trying to add a Bisexual LI menu option and would it mess up the point system?

So in my code I want to add bisexual LI options, I want to use the same characters for dating guys/girls and bisexual choices since I prefer reading stories that have bi Love Interests. I realise that I cant use points as they are used in the story already due to them being in the different paths.
Unless I create the different paths like date_guys_story, date_girls_story and date_all and then the labels.
Would this mess up the point systems?

Unless I add completely different characters to the story and use them instead.

If I use points for the main story, would it be better just to duplicate the already existing characters like for example, Felix.
So I would copy Felix and make a character named FELIXDC then the points wouldn’t be messed up and bug out.

If this makes more sense :sweat_smile:

You can try to use gains, so like gain guys, gain girls, gain bisexual, something like that. With the new loseFlag feature, when you confirm their choice it should be easier to code!

2 Likes

Thank you! I have it set as gains. But if I want to use the same characters with points will that mess up the code? Would it be better to use duplicates of the same characters?
Thank you.

I don’t think it will mess it up, you should be able to preview with the amount of points you’d like in the elements section. If you are unsure though, definitely do the duplicate if that seems like a better option for you :slight_smile: Sorry I don’t have a better answer.

1 Like

Ah thank you so much Kaiden! I really appreciate your help. I think I’ll go with the duplicates as I just worry if readers pay 5 gems to top up points then it doesn’t work for them and I want to make it fair to readers :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Good plan, when gems are involved it’s better to be safe than sorry!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.