Please help with basic commands

Its not allowing me to do this, I’m not sure if its because my character enters and runs to a spot?

I put: @CHARACTER enters from right to spot 1.078 252 102 and does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop

It doesn’t allow me to just put “run”

Hello @TylerK191, this is Sydney the Moderator! Welcome to the forums. :smiley: I’ve moved this topic to Directing Helps and Tips since you’re looking for help with scripting. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to ask me if there are any questions. :wink:

:wink:

Thank you so much! And can you please maybe help me with spot directing? In a new scene I want both my characters to stand in zone 2 when the new scene begins so I dont want them to walk in, how would I do this?

I would also like them to face rear but I cant seem to get that right either :sweat_smile:

It doesn’t allow you because you probably write in limelight and not in ink, and those behaviors are different.

&CHARACTER1 spot % x y in zone 2 AND CHARACTER1 is animation AND CHARACTER1 faces right/left*

&CHARACTER2 spot % x y in zone 2 AND CHARACTER2 is animation AND CHARACTER2 faces right/left*

*please note that if your characters are facing rear and you want them to face right, you have to make them face left and vice versa :v:

I’m not sure if anyone would know this, but in a few stories iv’e read, there where effects put in such as a shake effect, almost as if there was a earth quake effect in the story, does anyone know how to do that? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Thank you so much! And sorry for the stupid questions but I’m battling quite a bit. And I know this is also a simple command but I cant ever get my characters to face rear does not matter how or what I type, can someone please show me the correct command for this action :see_no_evil:

@CHARACTER faces right/left AND CHARACTER is animation

*Make them face either left or right and replace animation with an actual animation.

In your case, you’d need to type rear into the animations by character (this can be found on the right side of your script on Writer’s Portal) and then see what animations pop up with that word.

Test them out and choose the one you want : )

Thank you!
I am having trouble with a part in my story and was wondering if you can help? I am using the camping background and I want my one character to already be “sitting” while I want my other character to enter the scene from the left and I want the camera to follow her to zone 2… how exactly would I do this?

I am having trouble with a part in my story and was wondering if you can help? I am using the camping background and I want my one character to already be “sitting” while I want my other character to enter the scene from the left and I want the camera to follow her to zone 2… how exactly would I do this?

Try this

@CHARACTER1 spot #
&CHARACTER1 is sit

@CHARACTER2 enters from left to screen center
@follow CHARACTER2 to screen center in zone 2

Thank you so much. and do you know anything about layering? in the scene I have a camp fire and I want my one character to be in front of the campfire and then the other character must walk from behind the campfire to in front of the campfire. But I have no idea how to do this…

Do this

@CHARACTER moves to layer #

The larger the layer number the more forward the character will move

Read this on layers: HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers