Please help with customization issue!

Hi there!!! I just released my first story yesterday and I received some fan mail about the customization for my characters. My LI is a werewolf, so his eye color and mouth are constantly changing throughout the story. Is there a command I can enter where his mouth and eyes will change back into what the reader has customized him to look like? Or is the only option to change it back into what I as the writer have chosen as his features? If this is confusing please comment and let me know and I can be more detailed!

1 Like

before you change the eye color. Use the commands

@MCCOPY becomes @MC

(MCCOPY being a duplicate of the main character)

Then, change the duplicate’s eye color in one scene and then when you want it to go back switch the
‘fake’ with the real one

1 Like

I believe your best bet would be to do the preview and unpreviews commands :thinking:

It really helps out when you’re doing a fantasy story and don’t want to duplicate characters :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

this would work as well!

1 Like

This worked!! Thank you so so much!

1 Like

Moved to Directing Help and Tips since this is about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

Hey there!

I have been using this preview command ever since you suggested it and i love it!!

However, do you know of any glitches where it will work in the web browser and not work in the app? I preview new episodes in the app before I publish just to ensure that everything looks okay and for some reason on one specific character, the preview command will change his eyes and mouth but when I “unpreview” it, it won’t change back to the original. In the browser it shows it is back to normal but on the app it doesn’t change.

Do you know if this is just a glitch? It works fine on all of my other characters except for one in one specific scene. It is also carrying the preview over to the next episode as well. :thinking:

Did you by any chance switch the character with a different one for the unpreviews part?

No it’s the correct character. :slightly_frowning_face: The preview/unpreview command works fine in the web previewer it just won’t change back to the original when I preview it in the app. As long as it doesn’t show it this way in the app once I publish my new episode it will be fine. I just wasn’t sure if maybe there was a glitch where it won’t work in the previewer but it will once it’s published?

The only reason why I think this happens is you probably skipped ahead to a different scene before you allowed the script to do the unpreviews command then happened to go back to that one scene.

That tends to happen to me too, but whenever I go back to the beginning of that one scene where I use the previews command and let the script do the unpreviews it seems to work perfectly after on my end

1 Like

Okay, I will look at it and see if that is the problem! Thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.