Please help with portal trouble

I am having trouble in the portal and I hope that someone can help me. This is my first story and I am just learning. This is all so new to me. So I am having trouble with a Character. When I enter his name to speak I receive a error message stating that the character does not exist. However I can have him do actions like enter and exit a scene. I haven’t changed his at all. i have went back to him and saved him again. But I am still having this issue. I have also tried using a different browser and I am still having this issue. Is this a common issue that happens in the portal?

3 Likes

Can you send me a picture of your script?

hmm, hasn’t happened to me before. May I see your script? and welcome to the community :slight_smile:

sure. thank you

1 Like

aww thank you. i just posted a photo of it.

Put Adam in parentheses, and it should work C:
So it would be like NARRATOR (ADAM)

3 Likes

Yep!! :))

2 Likes

ahhhh! thank you so much! it worked. it’s just weird because in my first chapter it worked for another character.

thank you thank you thank you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Of course! :smile:

Hello @Lostinthestory, I’m Sydney the moderator. Welcome to the forum! :smiley:

I’ve moved this thread to Creator’s Corner since it’s about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

Hello Sydney!. thank you so much I will check it out. :slight_smile:

1 Like