Please rate my art!

So, I did my first try at drawing a realistic person/character.

What do you think and if you could please give me some feedback (showing a way for me to improve would help too, if you want).

0 voters

4 Likes

There’s a lot of room for improvement!:slight_smile:
I suggest studying character proportions, shading.
If you’re using a reference photo, and are coloring it in black & white, I suggest turning the photo to black & white also (if it’s not already), that really helps to see if you have your values correct (if the shadows are dark enough, highlights aren’t too bright ect.)

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

No problem! Best of luck drawing!:green_heart:

2 Likes

There is a lot you can improve. I would study proportions in the face and use guidelines. There are a lot of great tutorials on YouTube. I would also add more shading.
If you’re going for a realistic look, make the neck thicker, the ears smaller, the lips higher, and the eyes lower. A face should have space for about 5 eyes to fit on it. Your eyes are a bit big, and the eyebrows should be higher. I would also add more shadows in between the eyes, and on the bridge of the nose.
Sorry if I sound too harsh. You got this! Keep practicing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thakl you! Could you PM some tutorials on the things you mentioned please?

2 Likes
  1. There’s a line inside the hair that shows that you drew the hair above that line. You should erase that

2. Make strands of hair so that it doesn’t look clumped together.

3. You should shade the eyebrows so that they look more realistic.

4. The nose is a bit crooked and its going to the left.

5. The mouth is smaller than the right side of the picture.

6. Make the eyes look more realistic (trust me its complicated for me too)

7. Just make the picture look more realistic. I suggest looking up pictures of people and drawing each feature while looking at it.

2 Likes

be looking like cheese cake
but it looks nice

2 Likes

There’s something that I really love to use when I don’t want to mess something up (cuz I tend to make eyes larger than they should be and other things the wrong sizes). The grid method! All you have to do is print a picture out and draw a grid over it with a ruler, then draw that same grid onto a piece of paper. It really helps you when placing features, so that you understand where everything goes!
Also using a reference really helps if you’re not using the grid, you can even play around with a few images to make a new one!

2 Likes

Thanks.

@Randomperson6 Thanks :sob: (Calling my art bad :sob:)

3 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

The eyebrows are usually longer than the eyes, the length between the two eyes is the lenght of an eye (idk if it makes sense), the ears should be bigger, the nose isn’t really straight, and the neck should be fatter. :blush: keep practicing and you’ll see improvement

3 Likes

Thanks to all that helped me, ah, my art isn’t get I see. :sweat:

1 Like

The eyes have a lot to improve! It looks nice though. I can make out the nose, mouth, eyes and hair, but the nose is a bit crooked to the left.

2 Likes

STOP THAT!
You art is still art. Art has no right or wrongs.
Even if you aren’t satisfied, use that to improve it. Do not feel bad.
I was a horrifying artist. Even though I sucked, I was still an artist because I drew. I don’t care how my art looks now? As long as I am proud that I am pushing myself to improve is all I need

2 Likes

While you can tell this is a beginner’s artwork, it’s still impressive to me! Remember that there’s no such thing as perfect, only perfection in your eyes. <3 keep up the great work!

1 Like

Nice try for your first but I’m sorry there’s a lot of room for improvement.Everything requires learning before the perfection knocks at your door step and so does art.My kind advice for you is to learn proportions and perspectives.In your drawing if I see the left side of the face it looks as if her face is directions at the front while at the right, her face looks as if drawn in 3/4 angle and all the features aren’t really balanced so to get rid of this I’ll suggest using help of basic shapes.And using horizontal lines to keep every feature balanced.For basic shape techniques u can watch videos on YouTube.However if you haven’t drawn 3/4 angle then for front view one ear is also missing.All my above criticisms are not to discourage you in your art journey but to help you improve further.

2 Likes

“make everything realistic”
you dont have too, you can make it cartoony

1 Like

Yeah, but I am trying to make my drawings have a more realistic style.

1 Like