Please someone just help me I'm so confused

Sigh, okay, I’m sorry if this is in the wrong category, but I just really need help.
Okay so, here’s some of the script that I’m having trouble in:

@CHARACTER walks to spot 0.123 123 123 AND CHARACTER is walk_neutral_rear

@CHARACTER is idle_rear

But between these lines, my character faces the camera for a split second, then does the action “idle_rear”
I just want my character’s back facing the camera for these lines!

I have also tried:

@CHARACTER walks to spot 0.123 123 123 THEN CHARACTER is idle_rear

But it doesn’t work either…

Does anyone know how to fix this?

@CHARACTER walks to spot 0.123 123 123 AND CHARACTER is walk_neutral_rear THEN CHARACTER is idle_rear

?

1 Like

Try using “starts” instead of “is” for the rear animation?
For example:

@CHARACTER starts idle_rear

You could also try this:

@CHARACTER walks to spot 0.123 123 123 AND CHARACTER does it while walk_neutral_rear THEN CHARACTER starts idle_rear

1 Like

Oh yeah I’m sorry, I forgot to add the “AND CHARACTER is walk_neutral_rear”, but I already tried this and it didn’t work either >:(

1 Like

It still doesn’t work :frowning: but thank you though.

1 Like

Can I ask you what happens before?

What do you mean what happens before?

Before the line where this @CHARACTER walks to spot 0.123 123 123 AND CHARACTER is walk_neutral_rear happens
Sometimes the code doesn’t run smoothly because there’s too much going on

Before that, I set the character offscreen.

1 Like

try
@CHARACTER walks to spot 0.123 123 123 and CHARACTER starts walk_neutral_rear

1 Like

I’m lost then :frowning_face:

1 Like

This doesn’t work either! :frowning: Thank you for your help though…

It’s okay. Me too :frowning:

1 Like

Maybe if u screen shot the script we could figure it out.

1 Like

can you show more of your script of what happened before?

1 Like

@CHARACTER walks to spot 0.123 123 123 AND CHARACTER faces left/right AND CHARACTER does it while walk_neutral_rear THEN CHARACTER starts idle_rear

1 Like

Okay so I can’t screenshot it, but I will paste the part of the script I am having trouble with.

@pan to zone 2 in 3 AND PEYTON walks to spot 0.970 145 161 in zone 2 in 2 AND PEYTON starts walk_neutral_rear AND PEYTON faces left AND PEYTON2 walks to spot 0.970 211 163 in zone 2 in 2 AND PEYTON2 starts walk_neutral

@PEYTON starts idle_rear AND PEYTON2 starts idle AND PEYTON2 faces left

You’re panning at the same time your characters are walking but it takes the pan 3 seconds and your characters are walking in 2 seconds, so that’s why they pause for a second after walking before doing the rear animation because the pan needs to finish that last remaining 1 second.

Have the pan command be on a separate line and use the & sign for it.

&pan to zone 2 in 3
@PEYTON walks to spot 0.970 145 161 in zone 2 in 2 AND PEYTON does it while walk_neutral_rear AND PEYTON faces left AND PEYTON2 walks to spot 0.970 211 163 in zone 2 in 2 THEN PEYTON starts idle_rear AND PEYTON2 faces left

3 Likes

Oh my gosh it worked. IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Also your templates are amazing!!! Thank you for everything!!!

1 Like

No problem! Glad it’s working now :blush:

1 Like