So I published my story about two weeks ago, and I really wanted to allow the reader to change her body type. I used Dara’s customization template, and I noticed when I went to preview the plus size branch, she wasn’t doing her animations at all! She was sliding all over the place, her mouth wasn’t moving, and it was just a mess.
I decided to completely scrap that because I want readers to have a good reading experience. However, I keep thinking back to it and wondering if there is any way to fix it at all? Perhaps, I should’ve came to the forums in the first place, but I was just so irritated with the scenes. I hope to get some insight that will help me add the “pick your body type” back to my customization scene. ;-;
I must also add, I’ve seen this happen with other stories as well. IT’S WEIRD. WHYYY?
Honestly, I have no idea why this happens. I know this is tedious, but I’d recommend creating an entire separate branch dedicated to a character with the plus-sized body originally. I have a template for that if you need it… but I had to do that with my story (and I still have issues occasionally). It’s super weird but so far that’s the only partial solution that I’ve found.
Ooof, I thought about that, but ughhhhh. I have game menus with recap/customization, so it’s going to be such a pain! lol
Yea, it’s not fun to fix. Another thing I found is that if you exit out of the app, close it, reopen and then tap slowly, the animations are less glitchy. So if you don’t want to add a second branch, maybe you could put that as a warning in the beginning?
Yeah the same here - I had readers complaining she is not making animations while in portal all works fine… now I got this same problem sometimes even in portal.
I am bit suspicouse that the command becomes does this…the reason why I think it - I noticed that if you create duplicate overlay they sometimes don’t work for no reason even the coding is right and replacing them with original overlay usually solves the problem…so I think maybe the “becomes” used for different body type has some similar problem, that the app cant cope with it sometimes.
I have no solution for this - the problem is not in coding but in bug in the system in my opinion.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.