POC Problems in the episode community

No, you have a right to feel that it is wrong. At times I don’t like it when them make a POC customization when it doesn’t have only “limited” customization. Like not only having POC skintones only. :frowning_woman:t5: :woman_shrugging:t5:

Okay so I looked at the post I mentioned again and I misread it. It said POC main characters not the MC so out of curiosity I read the first episode and there’s only one POC.
To me, yes its nice it’s not an entirely white cast but them promoting their story on a thread dedicated for POC diverse stories, that’s when it comes off as disingenuous, annoying and like they’re just scouting for reads.

5 Likes

Yes! They have no right to do that. Only one POC and yet you want to promote it on stories for POC? Really? Lol, the audacity. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Define “acting white”.

2 Likes

If a white girl wanna wear cornrows, let the bitch wear em, but when she wanna go take credit for them and steal it and say her own people invented it, that’s a problem, she’s appropriating culture

that’s how I see it

8 Likes

Yea! I was kinda debating wether or not to reply to the whole braid situation, but I agree…

You can wear braids if you want… I don’t see why that’s such a big deal. But if they go and do this:

That’s not okay.

4 Likes

cough cough kardashihoes

5 Likes

Have you watched That’s So Raven?
It’s such an amazing show :smile::revolving_hearts:

13 Likes

Don’t forget the spin off with Raven’s little brother, “Cory in the house”.

9 Likes

BUMP! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

And I just wanna address something: I saw a comment before of a girl ACTUALLY saying she added POC and LGBT+ characters only for diversity and didn’t really give them much of a personality and didn’t make them important characters. It makes me sad, honestly, how she actually made it seem it was a good thing! Wow…It’s not. It disgusts me how she admitted it without a slight thought of thinking it was somewhat offensive. :roll_eyes: Some people these days man…Anyway, I hope we can continue this discussion on this thread. :kissing_smiling_eyes::v:t5:

8 Likes

Ughhhh. Hello I’m new to the forums and yes episode has MAJOR problems re:poc characters. And it’s mostly the users/writers fault. Let’s be honest, most of these are written by white women/girls and the lack of diversity is obvious. It’s geoss that when I make my character I end up with a white sister regardless.
But there’s also a design flaw. The only options for poc hair styles are an Afro and dreadlocks? Seriously? They really need to step up their game. It’s embarrassing.

8 Likes

I agree with you. I’m getting to the point, with every update. I’m asking for more natural hairstyles.

2 Likes

Yeah…in most stories we play the im adopted game x3 and definently need more hairstyles instead of basic afro dreads and cornrows tht make it look like balding in between the scalp…our hairs very versatile wish we had more…

8 Likes

Me and my white mom :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

8 Likes

I am tired of this. Lazy customization.

2 Likes

I always pretend I’m adopted. :woman_shrugging:t6:

8 Likes

Ik im probably in the minority on this but hate when the author lets u customize everything but the skin and their reason is because its important but the only reason its non changable is cuz they wanna describe how “beautiful” or watever tht character is or the reasons never mentioned at all(lazy CC) or "the character has to look how i imagined them…then dont let me use CC…plus they use natraul hair on these non changable skintones too…on a semi related note…i hate when i play a story then at a signifigant moment i get pulled out the story with an art scene tht looks nothing like how i customized…

3 Likes

Isn’t that from the story: Becomin Queen B? I encountered the same thing:

:roll_eyes: Sad thing is I used to like the story, I read up to chapter 24 but today I replayed it and oh boy! What was I thinking before?!

4 Likes

I feel really silly asking this but who’s that story by? Is it an Episode Official Story? I’ve never seen something like this :thinking:

Again, sorry if this is a dumb question :no_mouth: