Point System and the Character as = 0 points

So, I’m having some trouble with the point system. I didn’t have this problem before, or I’m noticing it only now. I’m not sure, but… I’m having problems to set my characters to have 0 points, and unfortunately it’s not only a problem that happens when I’m making my story on Episode’s Portal. It’s also a problem that happens when testing my story in real time, on my phone.
So the thing is… I’ve planned my story to have 3 possibilities of outcomes when talking about point system. You could have negative outcomes if your character got too many negative points (-1, -2, -3…), you could have positive outcomes if your character got many positive points (+1, +2, +3…), AND… There was supposed to have the NEUTRAL outcome, when your character didn’t make any points at all. In other words, the character having 0 points.
But, for some reason, when I play my story, Episode doesn’t recognize the if (Results = 0) code anymore. Even though my character has 0 points, everytime I’m testing my story, my game is completely ignoring the fact that my character has 0 points. Instead, it’s reading the line in which my character was supposed to have positive points. So it’s reading the “if (Results >0)” line instead of the “if (Results = 0)” line.
And unfortunately it keeps happening when testing the game on my phone, so it’s not only a problem I’m having when using Episode’s Portal. It’s like a huge code problem in my case, because it would completely change the whole game I’ve been making so far.
I looked around to see if I was writing my code wrongly, but… I couldn’t figure it out what’s going on, because apparently my code is alright. I’ll share it with you guys here if you’d like to give it a look, but I couldn’t find any visible mistake. I also saw some people saying it’s a bug, and if it is… Dang, I really wish I could learn how to fix it.
Can you guys help me with that, if possible? Thank you for reading until here, and I’m sorry for my possible English mistakes here and there.

2 Likes

I’m also using the point system for my story, and I think you should possibly change the range for each outcome? For example in my story if the reader gets more than -3 points, they will unlock one ending, and if the get more than +3 points they unlock another end. Which leaves the area between -2 to +2 points. And if the reader is within that range, that is consider my neutral range where the neutral outcome will occur. So when its time to code it should look something like this:

if (CHARACTER > 3) {

Postive ending!

} elif (CHARACTER < -3) {

Negative ending!

} else {

Neutral ending!

}

Of course you can still have it where if character equals 0 the neutral outcome will occur, and it should look something like this:

if (CHARACTER > 0) {

Postive ending!

} elif (CHARACTER < 0) {

Negative ending!

} else {

Neutral ending!

}

If this is all confusing still this should help:

Hope your able to figure it out (:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.