Point System Error, Help Asap!

I’ve said about this issue before but it’s never been fixed and I really want to continue writing up my story but I can’t when I’ve got this small error in the way.

So My story has points within it and that helps choose the right path the reader chooses. Well, the first Episode the point system works perfectly, however, the second episode when you get to all the buttons and you’ve got the choices to choose from “Q&A” to “Point-System” to “Finished”… whenever I’ve tested this on the portal it works, however, on my phone it will skip the point system and cut to the end.

I have the coding towards the point system, but I really want this issue to be fixed because I can’t continue knowing the readers won’t be able to know how many points they’ll have and knowing the story is practically broken.

Code :point_down:

}
“POINTS_BUTTON”{

if (MARIE = 1) {
&overlay Q-A_BUTTON opacity 0 in 1
&overlay POINTS_BUTTON opacity 0 in 1
&overlay FINISHED_BUTTON opacity 0 in 1
&overlay MAIN_MENU opacity 0 in 1

INT.GOOD with STARRY_1 to 2.865 -4 476 in zone 1 with STARRY_2 to 2.811 -2 -334 in zone 1
&overlay STARRY_1 opacity 1 in 0
&overlay STARRY_2 opacity 1 in 0
&overlay STARRY_1 moves to Layer 1
&overlay STARRY_2 moves to Layer 1
&FUTURE spot 1.308 88 31 AND FUTURE faces right AND MARIE spot 1.195 216 1 AND MARIE faces left
&FUTURE moves to layer 0 AND MARIE moves to layer 0

@transition fade in white in 1
sound heavenly_choir

&MARIE is cheer_happy_loop AND FUTURE is applaud_happy_loop
@speechbubble is 156 211 to 100%
NARRATOR
You have 1 Good point.

@transition fade out white in 1
goto label menu

}elif (MARIE = -1) {
&overlay Q-A_BUTTON opacity 0 in 1
&overlay POINTS_BUTTON opacity 0 in 1
&overlay FINISHED_BUTTON opacity 0 in 1
&overlay MAIN_MENU opacity 0 in 1

INT.BAD with STARRY_1_BAD to 2.865 -4 476 in zone 1 with STARRY_2_BAD to 2.811 -2 -334 in zone 1
&overlay STARRY_1_BAD opacity 1 in 0
&overlay STARRY_2_BAD opacity 1 in 0
&overlay STARRY_1_BAD moves to Layer 1
&overlay STARRY_2_BAD moves to Layer 1
&PAST spot 1.280 222 27 AND PAST faces left AND MARIE spot 1.181 109 8 AND MARIE faces right
&PAST moves to layer 0 AND MARIE moves to layer 0

@transition fade in black in 1
sound fright_sfx

&MARIE is idle_sad_timid_loop AND PAST is idle_armscrossed_angry_loop
@speechbubble is 156 211 to 100%
NARRATOR
You have -1 Bad point.

@transition fade out black in 1
goto label menu

}
}
“FINISHED_BUTTON”{

&overlay Q-A_BUTTON opacity 0 in 2
&overlay POINTS_BUTTON opacity 0 in 2
&overlay FINISHED_BUTTON opacity 0 in 2

@transition fade out black in 1
volume music 0 2000

goto label The_End

}

I just hope someone can guide me through to fix this error because I feel like this error is gonna be the reason for me to not continue writing a good story.

1 Like

@Dara.Amarie @JemU776 @Jade.epi @Apes @amberose @LiyahxWrites

Thanks for the tag Lana :blob_sun:

@Eternity can you pm me? thanks :blob_sun:

1 Like

Is it possible that on your phone’s playthrough, you haven’t got the points that you’ve specified?

In your script, you’ve only coded it to show if the reader has -1 or 1, but not for 0 or any other number. And depending on how many times you’ve tested it, your counter could have kept adding or subtracting numbers. Check story modifiers to see how many points you have

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.