Point System Error

So my story contains Good and Bad points. Now the point system works for the first Episode showing if you choose a good option it will show you’ve gained a good point, same for the bad points.

BUT! the problem is when I go to Episode 2 of my story and you’d gain another point. It just says that the reader would have one good and one bad point. When in reality you’d have two good points or bad depending on what choices you make.

}
“POINTS_BUTTON”{

if (MARIE = 1) {
&overlay Q-A_BUTTON opacity 0 in 1
&overlay POINTS_BUTTON opacity 0 in 1
&overlay FINISHED_BUTTON opacity 0 in 1
&overlay MAIN_MENU opacity 0 in 1

INT.GOOD with STARRY_1 to 2.865 -4 476 in zone 1 with STARRY_2 to 2.811 -2 -334 in zone 1
&overlay STARRY_1 opacity 1 in 0
&overlay STARRY_2 opacity 1 in 0
&overlay STARRY_1 moves to Layer 1
&overlay STARRY_2 moves to Layer 1
&FUTURE spot 1.308 88 31 AND FUTURE faces right AND MARIE spot 1.195 216 1 AND MARIE faces left
&FUTURE moves to layer 0 AND MARIE moves to layer 0

@transition fade in white in 1
sound heavenly_choir

&MARIE is cheer_happy_loop AND FUTURE is applaud_happy_loop
@speechbubble is 156 211 to 100%
NARRATOR
You have 1 Good point.

@transition fade out white in 1
goto label menu

}elif (MARIE = -1) {

INT.BAD with STARRY_1_BAD to 2.865 -4 476 in zone 1 with STARRY_2_BAD to 2.811 -2 -334 in zone 1
&overlay STARRY_1_BAD opacity 1 in 0
&overlay STARRY_2_BAD opacity 1 in 0
&overlay STARRY_1_BAD moves to Layer 1
&overlay STARRY_2_BAD moves to Layer 1
&PAST spot 1.280 222 27 AND PAST faces left AND MARIE spot 1.181 109 8 AND MARIE faces right
&PAST moves to layer 0 AND MARIE moves to layer 0

@transition fade in black in 1
sound fright_sfx

&MARIE is idle_sad_timid_loop AND PAST is idle_armscrossed_angry_loop
NARRATOR
You have -1 Bad point.

@transition fade out black in 1
goto label menu

}else {

INT.NETURAL_BACKGROUND with STARRY_1 to 2.865 -4 476 in zone 1 with STARRY_2_BAD to 2.811 -2 -334 in zone 1
&overlay STARRY_1 opacity 1 in 0
&overlay STARRY_1 moves to Layer 1
&overlay STARRY_2_BAD opacity 1 in 0
&overlay STARRY_2_BAD moves to Layer 1
&MARIE spot 1.118 163 7 and PAST spot 1.307 256 27 AND PAST faces left AND FUTURE spot 1.308 73 28 AND FUTURE faces right AND MARIE faces right
&MARIE moves to layer 0 AND PAST moves to layer -1 AND FUTURE moves to layer -1

@transition fade in gray in 1
sound bell_ominous

&MARIE is idle_sad_loop AND PAST is idle_armscrossed_angry_loop AND FUTURE is idle_armscrossed_angry_loop

NARRATOR
You’ve got a Good and Bad point.

@transition fade out gray in 1
goto label menu

}

I don’t know if I’ve messed up the coding but it will always say the reader has at least one good point and one bad point. I’ve been testing through it and for this run, I choose the bad options and I’ve got two bad points and it’s bringing up the same stuff saying “Oh I’ve got one good and bad point” I don’t know what to do or how to fix this issue.

Hiya! :wave:

The way your code works, the app has 3 choices, and this is what it sees:

MARIE = -2

“If MARIE = 1…” Wrong, MARIE is -2. Keep looking.
“Elif MARIE = -1…” Wrong, MARIE is -2. Keep looking.
“Else…” Else is the only option that is not wrong.

So the app reads what’s in “else.” Which in this case is “one good point one bad point.

Maybe you want the If and elif to say 2 and -2 instead?

1 Like

:thinking: :sneezing_face: Thank-You I’ll try that and see if that works. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Life Savor

1 Like

My point system. It’s clear on the portal but testing on the phone… it cuts it to the end of the Episode. If I clicked the point button it sends readers to the end of the story. Whereas on the Portal on computer it plays out normal. Is there an error within that?

:thinking: Not sure, since I haven’t seen your whole script, but did you click “reset story progress” before previewing? The portal will always start a scene from scratch, whereas the phone will only start from scratch if you tap “reset story progress” in the right side menu. :+1:

I’ve tried that and that didn’t work.

Hmmmmmmmm… :thinking:

I don’t know why they’re doing different things, but I see this:

The goto code is just “goto name_here”, not “goto label name_here”. (Ik, I keep accidentally writing “goto label name_here” lmao)

:thinking: That should’ve caused the program to give an error though. Weird…

It’s odd because I’ve just done another run through it and it’s still skipping the point system.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.