Point system in story

Hey guys…so I am writing my story and what to add some influence point and LI points and I also want to give access to choices based on point like if someone does not have the required point that person cannot get access to a particular option…can u tell me how can I do it…it will help me a lot I am really confused

Hi, your issue seems similar to the one I wrote about few days ago.

Kind folks helped me in this thread, check it out if it helps:

Thank you…but I am still confused

What exactly are you confused about?

Based on what you’ve described, it’s a little similar to what’s in my own story, here’s how I did it:

In your case, you’d probably want to do LI points being greater than a number and then else :slight_smile:

Thank you…but can u tell me one thing we have to use the lable after we use if and else

By that do you mean when should you use them and why? Or what labels should you use specifically?

Yeah

So yours would look something like this:

if (LI>#){
goto enough_points
}else{
goto not_enough_points
}

label enough_points
#DIALOGUE HERE REGARDING ENOUGH POINTS TO UNLOCK
choice
"Option 1"{
}"Option 2"{
}
goto after_branch

label not_enough_points
#DIALOGUE HERE REGARDING NOT ENOUGH POINTS TO UNLOCK
choice
<LOCKED>"Option 1"{
}"Option 2"{
}
goto after_branch

The labels here are required to tell your script where to go after the first set of branching (i.e. enough_points and not_enough_points in this example) and then where to go after the branching ends, because it will otherwise play the next label’s contents, which you wouldn’t want, as they either have it unlocked or they don’t, and then they’d be seeing a duplicate of the previous dialogue (i.e. after_branch in this example).

1 Like

Thank you so much

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.