Points System Error in Beta Phase

Hello all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: So currently, my story is in a beta testing phase and I have a points system. When I beta test the story on my phone or laptop, the points come up correctly when I code the reader to see them. However, when others have beta tested my story, theirs’ comes up with the character’s code (you know the one you use to show the readers their points?) instead of their actual points. Will this be rectified when I publish or is there something wrong with my coding?

1 Like

Can you explain it more clearly because I didn’t get the character’s point part?

1 Like

You know how you can show the reader their points by inserting this number into your code?Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 5.52.32 pm

1 Like

See this video’s end part it has the answer to your question. If you still don’t get it then let me know.

To show points system in the last you should do it this way:
if (MC=1){
NARRATOR
MC has 1 point
}elif (MC=2){
NARRATOR
MC has 2 points
}
And so on
If you want to show if the character has gained a point or not then it is done like this:
readerMessage MC +1
OR
readerMessage MC-1

Hmmm…actually this is pretty new way how to show points (I did the tutorial for it) - truth is we all have tested it in our stories but I never asked for testing if the readers…how ever I hve it in this new way in my lately published chapter and so far none of my reader has complainded - I would guess some of them would tell me its not working for them - especially when in my story points are necessary for opening special scenes. - I have over 3000 regular readers so whyle it is not direct proove - I think they havent preceived a problem.

Maybe the best way is write a ticket to episode?

1 Like

there is also simpliest way - using character number - that is what she is talking about:

1 Like

Thanks for helping her and also you gave me something new to learn :blush:

Thank you guys! Given that it works for me and just not my beta readers…I think it might work when I publish!!

Thank you so much for your help @June_Sinclair @Farah_DeSantis

2 Likes

We were more than happy to help you hopefully it works when you publish it. Also notify me when you publish your story I would love to read it :blush::heart:

1 Like

Will do :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.