Pole about the names of the characters

So, I want to know. Do you guys prefer to give names to the characters in the stories or you prefer the names to be chosen by the writer of the story?

• I prefer to give names to characters
  • I prefer the names of the characters to be chosen by the author

0 voters

2 Likes

Hey there @Vickee, this is Sydney the moderator. Welcome to the forum. :smiley: Moved this topic to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion of specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

Okay! Thanks for informing me!

1 Like

I have this terrible habit of naming characters a name that turns out to be the same as the best friend or the MC’s mum. I’d rather authors just save me the trouble and pick something

7 Likes

Good because in my story, I gave the reader the choice to name the main character but not their love interest and I was worried I’d get hate about it.

1 Like

Nah, not at all. I can understand the fear of getting hate for that, but I wish it wasn’t like that. Some people need to learn that stories can be enjoyable without customizing every single factor and shouldn’t send hate for that

1 Like

Ikr! I personally think that when the authors name the characters themselves, it’s easier for the reader to actually “fall in love” with the character because it’s like meeting a new person. Idek if that made sense :joy:

1 Like

No, I get you. I agree too. I’m kinda wary about what stories I insert myself into and when CCing love interests I’ve never put in a real person anyway

1 Like

True. And I suck at finding names :joy:

1 Like

I don’t mind naming the MC (if it’s meant to be a “You” story) but I hate having to name all the love interests and I especially hate having to label every single family member lol. They end up all having the most generic names ever because I’m not very original.

1 Like

Lmao i named my mc once and it turned out to be one of the strippers names! At first i thought they were slating my character! :joy::joy:

1 Like