POLL: Background Characters

I hate seeing background characters with purple eyes and pink hair. Is it that hard to use normal characters and make them look realistic?

4 Likes

ngl I get a little lazy when it comes to making background characters- like I’ve been writing all day, and I really don’t feel like making 10 extra characters with different looks and their own outfits.

4 Likes

I kind of understand why authors are lazy about this, especially since the bio of my forth story is “I hate creating background characters” :sweat_smile:

I didn’t really add any BG characters to my other stories but when I started writing this one, I knew I wouldn’t get away with this because it has bar scenes, and most of the story takes place on a campus. What usually bothers me the most is when authors use stock characters, so I tried to put some effort into changing their looks and their outfits. But if you wonder if some of them attend the same school and the same bar as the MC does, I can neither confirm nor deny :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

:rofl:

As for me, I try to change them a little but sometimes I miss things like changing their defaults outfits a little. I don’t create hundreds of BG characters what I do is preview other features and change their outfits to give the impression they aren’t the same.
That reminds me I have over a hundred outfits in one of my stories :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I’m fine with defaults being background character (you get lazy after making 50+ characters and 100+ outfits) but I’m not fine with defaults being main or supporting characters.

4 Likes

your link

2 Likes

Check out The Great Big Character Drive! If that’s not helpful, I’ll personally make some for you.

Thank you!! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Hahah! It’s understandable to dislike creating background characters- it can seem tedious. Check out the link Zhasmin posted on this thread :wink:

2 Likes

NO I voted the wrong thing!!! I’m Sorryyyyy

1 Like

Totally alright! Which one? What did you mean to say?

1 Like

It’s not useful for me but continue for others

1 Like

It’s a huge turn-off for me, I find just find it really lazy. When working on a story you should take everything into account.

2 Likes

I assume you’re referring to all of the things I mentioned?

1 Like

Got it :wink:

2 Likes

I’m just referring to default background characters in general.

2 Likes

How about poorly animated ones & repeatedly seen ones?

1 Like

The repeated ones, I can deal with. As for, poorly animated, I find that lazy, for all I care they can be doing a loop animation, I just don’t like them idle.

4 Likes

I was wondering if you could give me any tips as I want to write my own story but don’t really know where to start?

1 Like

Check out my Instagram and DM me!