POLL: Customization

How do you feel about customization?

• A story needs full customization- I want to play as myself!
  • I prefer to fully customize, but it won’t stop me from reading a story.
  • I like partial customization- best of both worlds!
  • I prefer to have the author keep the characters looking the way they imagined them.
  • other (say what it is below!)

0 voters

How many characters do you like / need to customize?

• Just myself.
  • Me & my love interest/s.
  • Me & my family, as well as my LI.
  • Everyone!
  • It doesn’t make a difference to me.
  • Other (say below!)

0 voters

Lastly, how do you feel about limited customization?

• Love it!
  • It’s fine.
  • Don’t like it.

0 voters

2 Likes

This has been talked about soooooo many times, Full CC & Only MC.

3 Likes

I would personally even read a story without any choices. If the plot is intriguing, I easily find myself curious and wanting to keep reading! ^-^

7 Likes

I mean, for the readers they have to play the story the whole time, it’s not fair they have to look at a character they find ugly.

8 Likes

I have OCs of my own, and I like to put them in other people’s stories. That’s why I like customisation, but it’s not compulsory in order for me to read a story.

6 Likes

I’m sorry! I hadn’t seen anything. My connection is poor & so I just posted what was on my mind.
Again, apologize for annoying you.
Xo

You didn’t annoy me and you have nothing to apologize about! It’s just customization
 is a main talked about subject.

1 Like

I couldn’t find anything :sweat_smile:
Sorry it’s my own stupidity I guess

1 Like

It happens to the best of us, and you’re not stupid.

1 Like

I dont care about cc. But I kinda fell if you give it all or nothing. unleash you use stuff like lims overlay and art scenes.

also I dont care about do the cc of family and other people. there is stories where they are like here cotume the five best friends. like I care how they look. its way to much cc

2 Likes

yeah
 that would be a turn off to read it. sometimes (rarely happen) i immediately stop reading bcz the character doesn’t suit my taste especially if its the love interest. I’d rather get to customize my love interest if i can’t customize my own character.

4 Likes

i agree with this wholeheartedly! I can’t stand a story where I don’t like the look of the LI. the point is that you fall in love with them, after all.

2 Likes

I personally like when authors put an option to customise characters or not since it kinda appeals to both types of readers :smile:

5 Likes

I just can’t understand why authors get nervous about this, if someone wants the MC to look like the author’s imagination they just don’t change anything in the customisation template.
Or the author can make a choice like “Would you like to customize the MC?”. The only thing I like is not choosing the name, or at least the author should say what was her/his imagined name.

3 Likes

i’m fine with limited, none, or full. i don’t prefer none but i’ll still read the story if i find it interesting.

2 Likes

I don’t care if a story has CC or not, but I do mostly prefer CC.
Also, I prefer making my MC and LI only! I hate when authors asks readers to makeover the MC’s entire family and friends. Unless the best friends are default character, I don’t care what they look like, and the author should be able to know how to make family members resemble the MC.

2 Likes

I prefer stories that allow full CC for MC and LI.
For partial CC, just limited eye and hair colors are fine but pls dont take away my other choices, i find skin tone and other options are quite crucial for me to be able to enjoy the story.

Most of the time, if the story doesnt allow CC at all then I wont read it. Because i find it’s hard for me to enjoy the story and its limited my imagination.

1 Like

Oof. You won’t like my soon-to-be-published story, then. Skin tones stay the same due to usage of overlays.

IMO, I reallydontmind if MC skin tone is different from the overlay
it doesnt matter at all man just let me CC MC lmao😌

1 Like

Bump :wink: