[POLL] Cut the chapter in 3 and be reviewed OR keep the quality but be blocked

Hello everybody :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:,

I have some issue right now, and I would love you if you could help me !

I decided to publish my story called Switch Psyche Limelight with only 1 chapter (for some promoting reasons). For that, I had to lock the other 2 chapters. However, Episode can’t fully review my story and thus, they are going to block it, which means, it won’t appear anymore in the bar search and won’t be in the trending section anymore (I was in the top 100). At the beginning, I planned to realease Episode 2 at the end of november and Episode 3, the 1st of january… each one would be at least 2000 lines.

However, in order to avoid Episode blocking my story, I have the possibility to slide my first chapter in 3 parts, as it makes 3000 lines. That way, I will have 3 chapters and Episode will be able to review it. Each episode would then be 1000 lines…

BUT, by doing that, I won’t be able to create amazing cliffhangers since the 1st chapter was built as a whole. Its narration can’t be easily cut or interrupted randomly, in the middle of it…

If I cut it in 3 episodes, the content of each of these 3 episodes won’t be as good as if the chapter is in its entirely.

What would you do in my shoes ?
Please help me to decide the best option.

Thank you in advance

• Cut your Chapter in 3 and be reviewed
  • Keep the good quality BUT don’t be reviewed

0 voters

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGsXZH5IDjZ/

Thank you so much for your help !!! :heart:

2 Likes

I think just at the end of the story, tell people not to read the 2nd and 3rd chapters. that’s what I would do instead of locking it

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. I briefly thought about this idea too but, don’t you think people would still try reading it and would waste one of their pass ?

1 Like

Hmm, I think warn them with bold and color text a couple times, and put it in your description. If they skip so much then at some point their at fault

1 Like

Hmmmm… you are right. Your idea might be in the end the best option.
However, what do you think Episode would say about Episodes 2 and 3 being “empty” (Because if I do that, I will just copy paste 5 or 6 times my introduction in order to respect the minimum 400lines to publish.

1 Like

Hmmm, when I published a test story, it only has 1 chapter that had like 400 lines in it, but I just put a cc template in the other 3 chapters and it worked. It should be fine

1 Like

OH yes !!! I didn’t think about putting a template in it !
Thank you so much :smiley:
I will keep the poll open for a few hours but I really think, I am going to do it just like you said. I guess, I can already say that you saved me.

I will write what I decide to do in a few hours :slight_smile:

1 Like

You may not pass review.

2 Likes

As Elise said, you may not pass the review as you aren’t supposed to release any less than 3 completed chapters when you first publish your story.
So if you are getting it reviewed, there is a chance they may hide your story or remove it until it has three chapters written. And I mean actually written, not with CC templates in the other two to make up for it.

1 Like

Thank you for commenting. That’s what I fear :confused:

Thank you for your honest comment.
I decided to email the nice person who reviewed my first chapter in order to ask him if this was possible.
Of course, I wouldn’t let two chapters empty but I was thinking about mixing all these suggestions by cutting my chapter in two, which would make two full episodes of 15min. They other episode would not be lock. I would write the intro and let few scenes I already coded (600lines). So, of course, the third episode wouldn’t be complete, but it wouldn’t be empty.
I prefered to ask before changing anything because if the person tells me it is not possible to do such a “trick”, then it is useless to update for being blocked by episode… one more time.

Tbh, i think you should just finish the first three chapters and then publish it, instead of splitting the first chapter in threes.

3 Likes

I know very well… I always published three chapters but for some reasons, I had an agreement with someone else. So, according to the short time I had, I didn’t have much of a choice to publish only the first chapter. The other two chapters are planned for the end of november and the 1st of january.
The agreement I had couldn’t wait this long, sadly.
Exceptional events call for exceptional responses :see_no_evil:
Still, thank you for your answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Make the 3 episodes with good detail but not so much that it’ll take a very long time. Still include the cliff-hangers though!

1 Like

Just start working on the other two, then publish. It’ll save you the hassle. Don’t publish until you have all three episodes

1 Like

Thank you for your advise ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I will cut it in two and make some tiny changes but of course, there will be cliff-hangers :smiling_imp:
#teamcliffhanger :joy:

I will :slight_smile: thank you very much for your answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will now close this poll.
You all gave me precious advises which I thank you very much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Sydney_H could you please close this post ? Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoops sorry if that came out rude, I was in a rush :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Closed by OP request. :smiley: