POLL: How long episodes / chapters should be?

Bump :slight_smile:

I personally would say no more than 10 minutes.
I like a quick read when Iā€™ve things to do. If I use 4 passes and each chapter is 20 minutes long thatā€™s like 1 hour and 20 minutes of starring at my phone.
But thatā€™s just me :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

5 Likes

bumping :blush:

1 Like

My chapters so far range from 2700 at the lowest lines, and then 10000 at the highest lines.

It depends on whatā€™s going on in the chapter, what scenes you need to have before cutting it off comfortably.

I feel like the time it takes to read these would range from 5-10 minutes at the lowest and then no more than 20 for the highest. It depends on the readers, too though. The person I have reading my story for me to determine how to code certain stuff,

My most specific example is like, walking talking to a position with more than one walking and talking dialogue.

She reads I think moderately quick. But I read very slow, soā€¦ >. >

1 Like

I tend loose interest on long episodes

2 Likes

I donā€™t even know tbh. Iā€™m a quick reader so I go about reading stories fast.

bump :smiley:

1 Like

Bump v2

1 Like

Bump v3 :smile:

1 Like

I like episodes that are 13-15 minutes long. A couple of my favourite stories have episodes that are only 8 minutes long, and whilst it kind of annoys me to spend a pass on something that seems so short, the good plot makes up for it. I appreciate stories that are longer too, but I usually wait longer to read them.

2 Likes

I love short episodes a lot :smile: 5-10 mins is a good length but I think that the majority of readers prefer longer ones : )

SO AGREE WITH THIS :sparkling_heart:

Someone suggested that:

Which completely confused me, as I always thought people preferred longer episodes over shorter ones. Even in fan-mails, you can see complaints about episodes being too short. Hmmā€¦also no idea where Episode published these data XD

6 Likes

every1 who said 15+ are not writers on episode loll

9 Likes

Bump v4 :joy:

2 Likes

Bump v5 :crazy_face:

bump v6

bump v7 :blush:

bump v8 :scream:

bump v9 :rofl:

1 Like

I usually make my 5-10 minutes although it does seem short. I try to make them longer but it takes a lot of coding. :joy::joy: like it takes 2.5 days just to do 1500 lines.

2 Likes

Nah, Iā€™m with you, in my opinion. thatā€™s a really good length for an episode. Iā€™m glad thereā€™s people who make episodes short because I prefer them and so do others :joy:

4 Likes