Poll: Limited CC w/ overlays vs. Full CC

And let’s say this would go for both the MC and LI. (And you can CC everything but the skin color) I feel like limb overlays would enhance the reading experience, and I don’t want to have to code for multiple skin colors. Are there any skin colors that would actually cause you to stop reading a story?

Limited CC w/ overlays vs. Full CC
  • Limited CC (Can’t choose skin color) w/ overlays
  • I need full CC

0 voters

1 Like

I am having this dilemma myself at the moment, I’m writing my first story and initially was not going to add cc as I have made literal full body overlays of my characters and obviously: they won’t match if people choose to customise. I feel like it would ruin the reading experience… but I know some readers freak if they can’t customise and I am so conflicted… I was gonna add limited cc for all 4 mains but again, they won’t match the overlays haha…

1 Like

I think you should add CC as a choice therefore the people obsessed with it can and the people who don’t like it can skip it altogether, but it is your story so you can do whatever you want with it. Just warn them in advance that there is no cc like where people usually say there is CC put No CC so it is clear an at the start of the chapter, because then they can complain all they want but they have been warned. So I would create a menu or get someone to create it for you if you add CC. At the end of the day it is your story, you have worked hard on it so it doesn’t matter what CC crazied readers want. You have the right to refuse to add CC even if everyone wants you to have it, they need to understand your reasoning and that it is your story. You can’t change characters in a movie so just like a story its no different.

2 Likes

That’s true! And it’s not like there wouldn’t be any CC, it would just be skin color, but I guess having an option in the menu to just skip overlays would be helpful.

True! It’s really hard to decide what to do, I get people like to CC, but everything would be so much easier if they didn’t care.

I think you don’t need to add CC if you are including limb overlays. I don’t really care about CC, doesn’t really matter. If your story does not have limb overlays, then u can include CC, if it doesn’t u don’t need to add it. Because it doesn’t make any sense if the reader change the looks of the MCs/LI, and their limbs doesn’t match the skin that the reader picked for the MC/LI.

Yes, this would be good as well.

1 Like

I agree, I was just thinking that if they wanted to change facial features, hair, etc. then it wouldn’t be an issue. Most people seem to be okay with limited CC, but I guess some people just really need full CC to read a story.

1 Like

Well it’s your story, do what u want. :blush:

1 Like

I really only ever use Copper 00 but I don’t mind not being able to do my skin color, espicially if it connects to the storyline/MC.

1 Like

I personally don’t care about CC, but I know some people really do, so for my story I allow full CC, but make arm and hand overlays in 3 different skin tones. On my CC screen, I explain that there are skin overlays, make it clear which ones match these skin tones, and then have them choose whichever is closest. That way the readers can still choose a light, medium, or dark skin tone that gives them the feeling of having more freedom, while also allowing you to enhance your story with arm overlays!

1 Like

Ohh, that’s a really great idea! I’ll probably end up doing something like that then.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.