Poll of the Week: [Genre Wars] (Difficulty Edition)

goodnews

Good morning/day/night to all Episodians around the world ! The results from the epic Milk v Cereal #POTW are now in! Just by the looks of the replies you can see there was plenty of feedback coming from both passionate groups but only one will rule !

whoops

Based on the gif results I feel we might have been wrong :laughing:

Based on the whopping 119 votes we received it looks like Cereal First slaughtered with 79% of the votes! Great job my fellow Cereal First team (we always knew we would take this one)!

Now on to this weeks gathering of the minds!

Romance / Drama / Comedy

V

Action / Adventure / Fantasy / Hollywood

V

Horror / Thriller

After all the time, experience, feedback and knowledge Episode writer’s have gained over time; which genre do you find it most difficult to write (not script/donacode/spot directing) for?

(As displayed in the Episode app)

• Romance
  • Drama
  • Hollywood
  • Fantasy
  • Mystery
  • Comedy
  • Action / Adventure
  • Thriller / Horror

0 voters

Please choose one genre from above and share with the community your most difficult story to write and why below. Please be as detailed as you can as I’m sure many writer’s can relate and possibly help! :exploding_head:

15 Likes

Tbh, I am not really good in writing comedy stories. I am not really much of a funny person. I can’t crack jokes, I mean I try but I just end up being stale. lol.

2 Likes

I want to try to write comedy but most people don’t understand my humor.

3 Likes

I guess everyone has their sense of humor, in a different way.

2 Likes

That can also be considered “dry humor” or “Deadpan”. I can tell you that I know there is a demand or niche for that (but not sure about in Episode itself)! Have you ever tried including any of that in your stories and check the feedback? Curious to see how it landed :thinking:

2 Likes

Yes, I have included some humor in my stories, but not to much. I didn’t get a chance to publish my stories because they are being revamped so there is no feedback at the moment.

1 Like

Same, I can crack jokes and make my friends laugh in my own way (which btw my jokes are offensive, unclean and for R18+) might not want to offend people and to get my own story taken down.

But when I try to be really funny in the most innocent or friendly way I might end up being cringey. I use puns, clever jokes and scenario joke as a hilarity. :smiley:

2 Likes

Good point!

1 Like

I find horror difficult, even though it might be my favorite of the available genres. I want to successfully evoke genuine fear in the reader, and that’s a tricky thing to achieve.

2 Likes

Off topic, sorry, Jeremy.
Yepp, there was this situation that me and my friend are trying to impersonate Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump and we said some really dumb words, and I got really racist (in a comedic way and as a response way) so long story short I offended a black dude and some 3 people heard me saying stuff (they didn’t know what I was saying because they don’t know what the context of what I’m trying to explain to my friend) it was a really bad and guilty day, I tell you. :joy:
And yeah 2 more dudes looked at me when I said some dumb stuff :grimacing:
It’s a surprise I haven’t got suspended on that school ^^

2 Likes

Yeah, comedy only lands when you deliver to the correct demographic. Best to leave that sort of humor to a specific type of crowd. Offensive humor is a pretty tight and niche market as of late so best to keep your head low until it’s safe imo.

3 Likes

Yeah since then I become very quite and don’t really crack jokes anymore. (It did overwhelmed me being crazy and offensive)

2 Likes

Eh, there are plenty of way’s to get laughs from folks without being offensive. It might not spark the same sort of reaction (which could be both a positive and negative) but seems to be all the rage now a days. I tend to stick with dad jokes (aka normal jokes from my teenage years) as they all seem to be pretty SFW and the worst reaction I ever get is a cringe :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Okay, what ever floats your boat :joy:
“Dad Jokes” seems pretty decent Idk why somebody would cringe on that :thinking:

1 Like

“Today, my son asked “Can I have a book mark?” and I burst into tears. 11 years old and he still doesn’t know my name is Brian.”

^^^ If that doesn’t make you cringe then I don’t know what will :rofl:

7 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Bruh :rofl: :skull:

Yeah, still decent, idk what chu talking about :joy:

1 Like

Romance

Its so hard but yet it dominates the app :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

So many romance stories, oh my goodness! People have such good taste in romance. XD