Poll of the Week: [Genre Wars] (Difficulty Edition)

Love romance the most, and it’s the most difficult to write for me as well. I struggle with (romantic) emotion expression irl, so there it goes.
It takes a long time to get into romantic mood, and when I write, most of the time I end up crying xD

1 Like

How do we write Hollywood? I’m probably missing something.

For the most difficult to write I’d have to say fantasy. While I love films/books/tvshows/episode stories that experiment with the supernatural, I don’t think I’m creative enough to write it. That’s all I can really say why, my mind just turns blank when I try to come up with a fantasy story, I’ve tried unsuccessfully in the past.

4 Likes

I suppose Hollywood genre is about acting and stuff?

3 Likes

yeah, kinda being famous, movies, etc If that’s what the genre is about.

1 Like

For me it would be horror because I make a joke out of everything! Can’t help it, like if the mood is supposed to be scary I don’t think setting the mood involves stupid stale jokes every 10 lines :woman_shrugging:t4: But I’ve never tried so who knows?

1 Like

Mystery is definitely the hardest for me, it’s hard to write a good and compelling plot and not give too much away while still letting the reader figure stuff out and feel like the story is moving forward

1 Like

Mystery. Never actually tried writing one because I’m afraid of just remaking cliches or accidentally referring to a case from another fictional story. Plus it gets really, really disappointing if the ending is too predictable or if the truth turns out to be something petty and unrealistic…

The easiest for me is probably fantasy. It does take a lot of time to build the world and all its characters and conflicts, but the excitement of creating diverse characters unlimited to the real world always keeps me going.

1 Like

Romance is extremely difficult. I don’t want to be too cliche, but then I want to be “romantic”… Yup. I’ll never write a romance story.

1 Like

Can I say both romance and drama? lol

In all seriousness, however, I really find myself struggling with romance. Natural chemistry between two characters is hard to convey! I don’t want to make their pairings feel forced, and yet it’s hard to describe that line between friendship and something more you know? Plus with certain types of relationships and characters, you don’t want to be too cliched or cheesy… it’s a whole balance and talent and finesse I just don’t really possess. lol (Heh, that kind of rhymed.)

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Make another one :pleading_face:

1 Like

Well, I only write in one genre so honestly I could choose anything else, but I voted for action because this is the genre I’m having the hardest time to find really original, well-written stories on the app. I really want to write an action story, but I don’t even know where to start.

4 Likes

I got to say horror is probably the hardest

To find a way to make the plot interesting and scary to the reader would probably take a long time for me to create

Also, how do get colored text? It fells like I haven’t been active for ages

Here ya go! Welcome back :smiley:

1 Like

Fantasy has always been the bane of my writing existence and it’s so upsetting :sob:

Oh my God. :joy:

Hollywood’s the hardest to write in for the app because even if you write a great story, you can’t get it in the Hollywood genre when you publish lol.

1 Like

Hollywood is definitely the hardest to me, it’s one of those genres where to get across the right atmosphere, it seems like you have to practically hit every cliche on the way. Sure you can throw in a few added parts, a little extra room for some less cliche plot lines in there, but the main line of it is still too inflexible for my liking.
I love the room for creativity you get with othere genres, ones where you can create your own path in the story.

1 Like

I am absolutely terrible in writing Romance Stories. It’s either my lines will become super cheesy that it’s not even funny, or the romance will come to the point that it becomes cliche. I can write Romance, but not Romance alone. It’s usually Fantasy with a sub-genre of romance/drama.

It’s my opinion on my writing though, idk what others would think.

Next would maybe be horror, it’s hard to let your readers show fear especially if your plot is predictable, and just no straight-up scary.

I’d say the last is Comedy. I can’t somehow make people crack-up, it becomes somehow cringey ‘-’

2 Likes

I love reading fantasy stories, but I’m horrible at writing them. I’m more of a realistic fiction ratzol. :hugs:

My favourite genre to write is probz comedy, drama and horror :love_you_gesture::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::love_you_gesture: