Due to the not-so-recent wave of outrage in the community after the release of “It Starts With A Bra” and “…In My Bed!!!”, the numerous complaints about the inappropriate stories on top of the trending section, and more… I was wondering if we should contact the Google Play Store and the App Store about Episode being marketed to young 13 year old teenagers despite the tremendous amount of explicit content it features on the app and openly promotes since I believe it goes against both stores’ rules. Episode doesn’t seem like they’re going to change unless their community really takes action and I don’t really know what else we could do. Maybe if we contacted the Play Store and App Store, something could be done about the age rating in that case, or Episode would finally be pushed a bit more to change their ways and truly respect the guidelines for once. Should we give this more time? Would it be too much? It really disturbs me to think that young teens are on this app, reading all these nasty stories. And I really want this app changed for the better.
What do you think? Please remain respectful, it is just a suggestion and I’d really like to know what the Episode community thinks of this idea. And if you don’t think Episode has really broken any rules on the Google Play Store and App Store, respectfully let your opinion be known.
On the Google Play Store’s Restricted Content page:
- Child Endangerment: “[…] Apps that appeal to children but contain adult themes are not allowed.”
- Inappropriate Content > Sexually Explicit Content: “We don’t allow apps that contain or promote sexually explicit content, such as pornography. In general, we don’t allow content or services intended to be sexually gratifying.” and “Here are some examples of common violations: Depictions of sex acts or sexually suggestive poses.”
On the App Store’s Review Guidelines:
- "1.1.4 Overtly sexual or pornographic material, defined by Webster’s Dictionary as “explicit descriptions or displays of sexual organs or activities intended to stimulate erotic rather than aesthetic or emotional feelings.”
Keep in mind that these rules are for what is allowed or not allowed to be on the stores altogether. Meaning, if they find that Episode is blatantly going against these rules, they could very well (in an extreme case) just remove the app from the stores.
This poll is anonymous. Feel free to vote, no one will know your answer unless you decide to let us know by commenting below this post.
- We should contact the Google Play Store and the App Store.
- We should wait for things to get worse.
- We shouldn’t contact the Google Play Store and the App Store.