Poll: Spaces or no spaces?

When you code your stories, are there spaces in the script or is it all smashed together?
(I use lots of spaces otherwise I get overwhelmed lol)

• Spaces
  • No Spaces

0 voters

Feel free to comment why or why not you use spaces!

3 Likes

I use to but space between every single line, but now I don’t bc I want to know how much line of actual code did I have.

Spaces!! I love spaces! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Spaces for sure! Otherwise it gets really messy & leaves me confused.

1 Like

I don’t have spaces between every line, but I’m trying one chapter with no spaces just to see how much code I have lol

1 Like

i only put spaces between scene changes, not every line idk why but it just makes me uncomfortable :joy::joy:

1 Like

I use spaces between different scenes but no spaces between dialogue

1 Like

I don’t do it every line either lol, I do it when things look hectic?? LOl really random

1 Like

oooooo same!! like when things look overly cluttered then i HAVE to put a space or i’m gonna spaz out :joy::joy:

1 Like

No spaces. Putting in spaces actually makes it look messy and difficult to read in my opinion.

1 Like

You no space people are wild.

2 Likes

I tend to make my code easiest for me to read so I often space things out
I use tab indenting properly, and I use comments to organize specific scenes.

So my code tends to look like this:

#Scene 1{
INT. EXAMPLE HERE
&Spot and animation bs here
@transition fade in black 5

(tab indent) MC
Dialouge, Dialouge, blah blah
(tab indent) NARR
Blah blah blah

choice
“Blah”{
}
“Blah 2”{
}
#}

2 Likes

yep, i love to put spaces in to check my scenese n choices.

1 Like

I actually didn’t know that you could use spaces for a loooong time (I thought you would get an error) and when I finally started using them everything changed lol :joy::joy:

I put spaces between scene change and randomly sumtimez :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I put spaces in between all dialogues and in between scene changes and in between clusters of important group stuff like…when I have 7+ overlays and/or characters in a scene, the overlays and characters will be listed without spaces like

&overlay
&overlay
&overlay
&overlay

However long I need them, and then a space when I move onto whatever else, like a zoom, or if I have like 7+ overlays AND characters, they will usually be separated. That way, it is just easier to keep track of.

For CC templates, I have no spaces in between options, but I do have a space in between the dialogue parts. I always always have spaces in between each dialogue, like…I need it. Even with {} these.

Like I’ll have

CHARACTER (animation)
Dialogue.
choice
“Not a CC template” {

spaces in between this stuff

}
“CC template” {
no spaces here
}

It is just easier to keep track of like that for me ^^

2 Likes

Wait, you don’t have to put spaces!? Someone show my a spaceless script!

I’m already confused enough with coding, if I don’t put spaces it’s even worse.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.