Poll Spotlight vs Cinematic

Hello. So my question here is: Do you prefer spotlight style in stories or cinematic? Personally I feel like spotlight directing is kind of still and… awkward? But I would like to know what do you think. Maybe I’m being to harsh on spotlight style Idk lol.

2 Likes
  • Spotlight
  • Cinematic

0 voters

3 Likes

I prefer cinematic, but I think spotlight is very good for certain plots

8 Likes

If I wanted Spotlight, I’d download Choices 🤷

8 Likes

That’s spotlight, hun. Cinematic is what most episode stories use lmao

3 Likes

Morning xD

1 Like

I prefer cinematic! But like @amberose said, spotlight is good for certain plots & I definitely wouldn’t mind reading in the style if I’m into a story. I read Material Instincts (Spotlight) by @EliseC and loved it :smiley: I think the style matched perfectly with that story!

6 Likes

Cinematic usually, but sum stories are great with spotlight! At first, cinematic looks really hard to direct, but once you get the hang of it, it’z really fun!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

I prefer cinematic because I sometimes find the movements funny like the angry march.

1 Like

It really depends on the story.

But some spotlight stories are soooo good that they make me forget cinematic exists. :sob:

4 Likes

:eyes:

1 Like

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Why not use both?

1 Like

That would be a challenge but definetly something interesting to try :thinking:

1 Like

not really actually, you just use the setformat command to switch from one the the other

Cinematic. But the Old Spotlight which I just discovered yesterday would have my vote… if it still existed.

Old Spotlight

It is… so cute?? And the characters only made expressions instead of moving inside a triangle or whatever?? And the style?? God, too cute.

Anyway, like I said, cinematic. If the story is good, I guess I would still read it if were in Spotlight… but… well, my point came across.

3 Likes