POLL: What kind of backstory do you like?

I’m currently planning my MC’s backstory and I was wondering when is the best time to put it in.

When do you like a MC’s backstory?

• At the start of the story?
  • Throughout the story?

0 voters

If you have other ideas I’d love to hear them! :two_hearts:

1 Like

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I prefer the backstory in the second episode. That’s when I put mine in too. It’s really important to start off your story with something that hooks your readers in, and they can’t get bored during any point of the first episode, otherwise they won’t continue (backstories in general can be a bit boring) once they finish the first episode and go to the next one, they’ve already decided they like the story and want to continue, so that’s a good place to put it in.

2 Likes

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about your story. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

I do both, at the start and throughout the story to be more deeper of telling the MCs backstories.

I dont mind some backstory to set the scene or feel for the story, but I dont want to feel like I know everything there is to know before the 2nd episode.
I like flashbacks, or conversation to let you know throughout the story.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.