POLL: What's a better flashback filter?

What filter do you think works better for a flashback scene? :thinking:

• Black & White
  • Sepia

0 voters

Sepia, in my opinion.

I use black and white for dreams, since (if I remember correctly), we actually dream in black and white and our brain “colours” everything quickly when we wake up. Or something like that.

Hopefully, I am not making up things.

9 Likes

I believe it… but in reality I have NO CLUE! :rofl:

haha I just can’t decide what I like better for my story! :sob:

Follow your heart! Both look good. Or just wait for a day and check on the poll later!

1 Like

thanks! they both look so good it makes it hard to choose! haha I’ll figure it out tho :blush:

I really think it comes down to personal taste! My favorite of the two is black and white, although I like slightly desaturated coloring the best for memory scenes. :orange_heart:

2 Likes

I don’t use the preset filters, I actually adjust the settings to my liking. I like to desaturate the scene to show it’s a flashback. The way I see things (hopefully this makes sense) is that we don’t remember the past exactly as it was. Memories seem to be altered based on emotions (at least mine) so I show flashbacks as less vivid.

4 Likes

I don’t think so, since I believe there was a study that said people dreamt in black and white before colour TV and started dreaming in colour in the 60s when colour TV became a thing

1 Like

Personally, I use the Sepia filter for flashbacks

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this seems to be about story creation. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

Wow it’s pretty much a tie but more people seem to like black & white lol :grin:

I prefer to use B&W, mainly because I used sepia for a different purpose in one of my stories.

1 Like

As for now, I think my vote put sepia in the lead :rofl:

I sometimes feel like black and white becomes a little too artistic for my taste.

1 Like

:joy::joy:now it’s tied!

1 Like

Thank you all for your input but ultimately I decided just to blend my own filter and make it my own :blush: All you’re ideas we’re useful I just wanted to do my own thing and play with the colors until I found something that was me in the end! However I do have some GREAT IDEAS I want to use for B&W in the future :smiling_imp:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.