Poll: Who gets less on updates, Plus sized or Males?

Thank you.

1 Like

maybe not center of attention forever but for a little while so they can catch up. after they catch up then it would be back to balanced updates between the two :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

Yes, exactly.

2 Likes

The truth is Episode will alway cater to the female characters more than the male ones. In the past 3 years there has not been a single Episode featured story that had a male MC, and no Rule Breaker doesn’t count because having a male MC was optional.

The females are the ones that mostly have leading roles and Episode makes money off of gem locked items for the females (clothing, hair, tattoos) and this will continue until Episode takes a stand and features more stories with only a male or a MTF MC (not making it optional.)

It’s upsetting but Episode is and always will be a company first and foremost, and all companies, no matter what they might say, main goal is making money.

So for males and MTF to receive more items, assets, hair, facial features, etc they have to be the main focus of the story. Not many people will shell out money just to give the LI or gay best friend a new outfit if it doesn’t benefit the female MC.

2 Likes

I do agree with this, sad to say but it’s unfortunate if that’s episodes chosen mindset. I’m sure there are so many people out there wanting to write a make mc themed story, but shy away from doing so due to the lack of attention for mail assets and because episode generally seems to revolve around female mcs.

3 Likes

I’m making a male MC for my victorian themed story, so there’s that lol :woman_shrugging:t4: I guess part of the reason is that we females aren’t males so its harder to write a male MC that acts like a realistic man lol without being a cringey macho man who drools at women. same thing with male authors who write female mcs. some of them make the female mc like heels and makeup and suddenly its their personality lmfao

4 Likes

I assume the demographic is also largely female as well so it makes sense. But it’s not like stories only involve females. If people want to make an all-female casting for their stories that’s fine. But realistically, males are obviously going to be included. It’s honestly in Episode’s interest to do male clothing as well and its not like str8 females dont enjoy dressing up a man so theres appeal.

To add to writing male MC, i would write it like any real character you meet. A person with flaws and misunderstandings. You def dont need any stereotypes to define a male character.

1 Like

Yes but you missed the point of my post.

Episode can’t ignore males because they make up 50% of the Earth’s population, but they do tend to give males far fewer new assets than females.

For males to get equal treatment during the weekly updates Episode needs to focus on giving males larger more important roles in stories. Not just have them be the gay best friend or 1 dimensional LI.

2 Likes

no i know what you meant I was just saying haha. In terms of making money though, like its unlikely they’d use gem choices or feature male mcs though since usually people like to identify with their characters and being a largely female demographic it makes sense for them to focus their attention on the females more.

1 Like

Bump

I mean, when you look at both their closets, the plus females have way less clothes. I can barely make a story that doesn’t have a basic setting (like a highschool) with Plus Female characters because of the lack of different clothing. However, their body type has just came out recently while the males have been out forever. And males STILL hardly have as good as a variety and quality of clothes as generic females.

I wanna say it’s equally both. Idk.

1 Like

The males mainly get recolours which is really starting to annoy me because they all pretty much have the same style

1 Like

I am writing a generic, plus size and male option for my story and I can agree that there is a lack of good male clothing. I can always use assets that have been transferred to plus. I think there are many reasons that these two are compared but the males definitely get the short end of the stick. Plus size have not been around for that long so that is why they have a small wardrobe but there are many assets that episode are yet to release for them. For males they obviously have a bigger wardrobe because they have been around for much longer. I think they don’t really know what to make for them, so they make recolours which makes a lot of members of the community upset. Male clothes are lacking but plus size character still need some of the basics.

This debate reminds me of the one when they announced they would need to come up with more designs for the males. People said why don’t they just release ones for the wishlist thread and that is because as they said they need more designs. So if they gave away their remaining assets that haven’t been released then it will be even longer because there will be no new ones to request.

4 Likes

Bump

I mean…males usually get less than plus women in an update but they get an update like 3 times a month plus females (usually) get one.

Honestly I think they need to shift their focus primarily to these two body types. Generic females have more than enough while plus females dont have the bare essentials and males still have little options and not even good ones

1 Like