[POLL] Would you read a story with [type of main character]

Votes are hidden. So no judgment shall come your way so be honest.
  • Plus size main character
  • Main character who isn’t part of your ethnic group
  • Male main character
  • Gay or Bi main character
  • Transgender main character
  • Non-binary main character
  • Aromantic main character
  • Asexual main character
  • Female, straight, cisgender, thin bodied, who is part of the more represented ethnic groups in Hollywood today

0 voters

5 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

I would be totally fine with any of these options, I think it would actually make your story more unique considering we don’t find too many stories with trans people etc
Pls make sure anyone reading this, if you do make a story about one of these then you do proper research and don’t stereotype😗
Overall it would be really interesting to read a story with these sort of main characters!

3 Likes

How many are we supposed to vote for?

I think so too! Unfortunately, what “sells” on the app and most of the stories on trending and the featured section are not exactly very inclusive. Like if you have an aromantic main character, then the story probably wouldn’t be a romance. And we know how much Episode’s demographic loves their Romance! Same with any LGBTQA+ main characters. If you’re writing a romance on Episode, you’re likely to get a lot more reads if you have the main character fit the identity of the general audience, which on Episode are straight cisgender able-bodied girls in their teenage years.
I forgot to include main characters with disabilities in the poll… and I’m sure I forgot many more.

3 Likes

As many as you’d like. This is more about identifying which main characters are least popular rather than more popular. So just imagine stumbling upon a story with a different main character and whether you’d jump at reading that story or not. There’s no judgment here :blush:

3 Likes

I’d read any one of these. If it’s a ‘you’ story, then I’d recommend having choices. :eyes::blush:

1 Like

Yes unfortunately😕

1 Like

I literally checked all of them :sweat_smile:

1 Like