Polls, polls, polls! ☞ 📊

Please answer these polls to help narrow down my options as to what I will be including and not including in my story—

I’m including an intro in my story. Would you prefer a “cliffhanger-like” intro or “snippets” of what happens in this episode?
    • Cliffhanger Intro
    • Snippet of what happens in episode Intro

0 voters

I’m including a game menu as part of the intro of my story, if I go back and change an error would you like the option to SKIP that episode?
    • Skip Episode
    • Don’t Skip Episode

0 voters

I’m allowing re-customization at the beginning of each chapter (menu). Since the reader already had the chance to customize in a specific chapter, should it be limited or full CC in the menu?
    • Limited Customization in the Intro Menu: They already customized once with a warning
    • Full Customization in the Intro Menu: They may have missed it and want the full RE-CC again.

0 voters

If I update late, would you like the option to RECAP the previous chapter?
    • Allow Recap Option
    • Don’t put option as Recap

0 voters

When you customize your character, fully, I added the family to have a close resemblance to look like you (male and female siblings).
    • Good idea.
    • Nah, bad idea.

0 voters

My story is for the DL Contest, which is fantasy/comedy/action based. Most fantasy stories include a LI. Mine will not be including any sort of romance or attractiveness towards other characters, does this sit right with you?
    • No romance is fine.
    • Maybe a few characters are catching feelings for the MC.
    • Yes! There should definitely be romance!
    • The MC has her eye on someone but it shouldn’t be the main focus of the story.

0 voters

I will be including several mini-games within this story, what are your personal favorite kinds? (This will help me determine what to include more of)
    • The simple dressing game.
    • The fighting scene mini-game.
    • The breakfast/lunch/dinner mini-games.
    • Code breaking/puzzle solving mini-games
    • Finding a hiding overlay, mini-game.
    • Tappables to reveal an important object mini-games.
    • Educational mini-games.
    • Remembering dialogue to effect your outcome mini-games.
    • I have no preference, I love every mini-game.

0 voters

Using Dara Amarie’s arrows template, how many dressing options would you prefer? (Outfits are very fun and easy to make for me so this WILL be added)
    • 3 Dressing Options.
    • 5 Dressing Options.
    • 10 Dressing Options.

0 voters

Choices Matter or Points System? (For my first story, I’ll only be doing one)
    • Choices mattering
    • Points system
    • Either one is fine.

0 voters

I was thinking of adding an author introduction, and only ONE since this is my first story. This would include just simply thanking the reader for giving my story a chance.
    • Yes, it’s your first one, add it.
    • No, I hate author introductions.

0 voters

As asked above, there will be NO romance. Depending on the votes this still wouldn’t include what I’m about to ask: I was CONSIDERING adding art scenes, such as action scenes, not long narrating descriptions of such and such. Do you support this idea?
    • I love art scenes, add away!
    • No way, I hate art scenes!
    • Add them, but don’t make them long and boring.
    • Add them but offer a warning and the option to skip them.

0 voters

There are some generous people who volunteered to let me borrow their character avatars. and this requires credit. In your opinion, where do you think the best place is to add credits?
    • All credits in the beginning of the story.
    • All credits at the end of the story.
    • All credits in reader messages.

0 voters

I made a thread a few weeks ago, asking if adding reader messages should be added to notify when there’s sounds being played, specifically for people with disabilities. Do you support this idea?
    • I think this is a great idea, add it!
    • No I don’t like this idea, it’s too much.

0 voters

In specific chapters, I will be adding the option to select the skin tone closest to your avatar using overlays for specific scenes. Do you like the option to select your skin tone closest to yours or would you like it to be kept default from what I designed the MC as?
    • Allow the option to select the skin tone closest to the reader’s avatar.
    • Keep the skin tone overlays by their default.

0 voters

I’ve already selected a default name and am NOT allowing the option to change or modify the MC or any character’s names. Do you support this? (If you don’t support this, don’t vote on this poll.)
    • That’s fine, I don’t mind having my name chosen for me.

0 voters

Do you mind playing as a female? (Please don’t vote if you do.)
    • Not at all!

0 voters

This story I will be including and striving for woman empowerment. For example, the MC (female) will not be a shy, clumsy or cocky, bad-girl type, she’d be confident and the “leader” type. Do you support this?
    • Yes, I love this!
    • No, I think there should be more of a common flaw in the MC to build character development.

0 voters

Last question, in all honestly, based on these choices and what I was considering including and excluding, would you read this story? :pleading_face:
    • Yes, absolutely!
    • No, fantasy/comedy/action isn’t my cup of tea…
    • I’d give it a try and see how it goes!

0 voters

Huge thank you to everyone who voted in advance!

4 Likes

Thank you everyone for voting–I have all the answers I need