I recently came upon this excellent method of working that I’ve been able to apply to pretty much everything in my life that requires focus, including Episode.
It’s called the Pomodoro Technique, and using it, I’ve been able to accomplish more for my story in the last couple days than I have in the past two weeks. It was developed for studying, but I’ve used it across so many things and it’s been very effective, for me at least. All you need is a timer.
1. Choose something to work on, a goal to complete, etc.
2. Set your timer for twenty-five minutes.
3. Work on your set task for until those twenty-five minutes are up, then put a check somewhere, signifying that you have completed one work session (that consists of twenty-five minutes). Do not allow yourself to be distracted.
4. Take a short break after the timer goes off. I usually make these five minutes, but whatever you choose your amount of time to be, it should be short. I usually get a drink of water and browse Twitter/Instagram or something.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 three times. After completing your fourth twenty-minute work session, take a long break. You can repeat this process when you feel recharged, if you feel recharged.
I encourage you to give it a try and update me on how it works for you. If you’d like to know more about it, you can read this article.
Best of luck!