Poor grammar and intentional baby talking

Is it just me or…

Disclaimer: this isn’t targeted at anyone and is simply a rant.

I’ve seen this used throughout the community consistently and I feel like it’s annoying.

I don’t know if it’s a trend or a group thing but this whole “hooman!” And not spelling words correctly just kills me.

As an adult with basic English education, I’m genuinely curious as to why this is used?

Am I missing something here?

What are your grammar pet peeves?

Let me know what bothers you. This thread isn’t just about me.

22 Likes

The hooman thing is annoying.
It’s cringe worthy.
It’s not funny nor cute.

Are you an owl? Lmao

4 Likes

To make it funny​:thinking: or they are just bored of same words and it is always good to be creative :upside_down_face:
I also use peoplesous for people because ? It just …noone uses it​:smirk: and …? I am not sure​:no_mouth: but…its fun for me​:joy: because I didn’t need to see those English words again :expressionless:

7 Likes

I don’t think it’s funny and it’s annoying

2 Likes

:thinking:I could understand why it may be annoying , as my friend told me that many times :sleeping:
But i use it , because I am bored of saying those similar words again and again :no_mouth:

2 Likes

I use boi (for boy), gurl (for girl), dat (for that), issa (for is a) and lot of other things…

I guess this type of vocabulary just makes the conversation more humorous and we depict through text how we pronounce some words.

But I get that some people find it weird and ridiculous (I was once in your position too, when I was a newbie on the forums :joy:). These words don’t mean any harm to anyone. They are just for fun and making the conversation more interesting :yellow_heart:

12 Likes

ahem
You’re
Your
You’re bad at grammar
So please fix your mistakes

(this is a joke don’t attack me lol)

13 Likes

Haha, I will admit you will catch me saying some absolute crap (and no, I am not talking about my promotions :cry:) but I do appreciate where you are coming from.

2 Likes

you’re/your
there/they’re/their
to/too
lose/loose (dont get why this became so popular recently)
apart/a part

i love grammar. i cringe whenever people use these words wrong. it immediately makes me cringe.

9 Likes

Oh, the lose vs loose - how could that slip from my mind!? It bugs me quite a lot :cry:

4 Likes

lol me too. i hate it so much, it makes no sense!

lol@my typo :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I have never read anything more real and relatable

7 Likes

It’s me!!!

2 Likes

No I was talking about the pet peeves :joy: you’re good

1 Like

I hate it when people speak or type incorrectly. I correct my friends at school. I nearly corrected my history teacher as well…

12 Likes

Yeah when people say there instead of their or your instead of you’re lmao

1 Like

When people write ‘u’ or ‘ur’…

…I wonder what they do with that extra time :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Ha I us to do that. Back in middle school.
I did it because was lazy and my hands shakes when writting.

1 Like

I am sorry if I posed off as negative :worried:

I completely understand where you are coming from. I had that problem too. So, I gave up texting just for the sake of English language not getting messed up.

I apologize again if anything I said hurt your feelings…

1 Like

Oh no, it did not offend me at all. It was funny you said that.

2 Likes