Portal 10.80 UGC Update Coming Soon (Exciting!): Web Previewer Tracking

This week we have two new tools to help you with writing your stories! Here’s a quick sneak peek of what’s to come!

A new toggle that we’ll be adding:

Turning on this button will show a bar that follows along in your script while it plays in the Web Previewer.

Animated%20GIF-downsized_large%20(1)

If you’re writing a complex story with lots of flags and counters then it can sometimes be difficult to keep track of what they are set to when you’re testing your story.

We’ll be adding a new Directing Helper button called “Flags & Counters” to help with this!

Clicking on this button will open this menu:

You will also be able to adjust which flags have been gained by clicking on the “Flags” button.
Flags that have been gained are shown in gold. Flags can easily be gained and lost by clicking on the flag in the menu.

Counters and Character Points can be adjusted in increments of 1, 5, 10 or typed in by hand.

We’ll be posting another announcement here when the new update to the Writer Portal is live. Stay posted for updates!

73 Likes

Thank goodness for this post, Just saw this on my script. this will come in handy with editing:) Thank you

2 Likes

I know the Episode team is probably tired of hearing this, but implementing different body shapes and heights would really help people with stories and they would get published faster.

17 Likes

Ahhhh I love this!!! It will be so handy!

Will this just be for the web previewer, or will it also work when we preview our stories on our phones?

Edit: Yesssss it’s on our devices! Ahhhhh such a lifesaver!

2 Likes

Episode: *updates with new features *
Me: that’s nice, this could help me make a new and better episode story
All my unfinished and abandoned stories:

Me:

50 Likes

YASSSS! TYSM! This will definitely come in handy!

Is it in beta, because I have it. :thinking:

1 Like

Whoa, this is so cool!

5 Likes

THANK YOU! This is brilliant.

1 Like

This is really helpful! Thank you Episode team!

2 Likes

Yay

this is very useful, thank youuuu! :dancer:

I love this update!!! I wish it was also possible to remove flags in code

This is an amazing update, especialy the points part. I’ll be looking forward to this!

1 Like

That “tracker” will really come in handy. Thank you!

This feels like a buildup for something I’ve wanted since I started coding episode stories… :thinking:
Does this mean we’re finally (soon) going to be able to remove a gain/flag!!!???

1 Like

Amazing update for the writer portal again!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! :hugs:

Awesome! :grinning:

Thank you so much this is an awesome feature!!!

I always get lost in my script and have to search by words using conotrol+f LOL

LOVEEEEEEE IT!

Omg :hushed: :hushed: :hushed: This is priceless! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: