Portal looking differently then app

Hey! So I’m pretty new to writing on episode and I’ve been experiencing some issues lately. Basically I used a Dara Amarie template, the one where you choose which character to customize. I have three options one is the MC: Jasmine, the next is the teen version of Jasmine, and the last is the 7 year old version of Jasmine. The problem is that in the portal everything runs smoothly but when I check on the app if I choose to customize the teen version or the 7 year old version of Jasmine it just shows her normal self. There has been no errors in the portal, and yes, I did use different customization templates so this shouldn’t be a problem. I have no idea if it’s a glitch or not. I purposefully didn’t use the “@CHARACTER becomes CHARACTER” command because I didn’t want any problems, yet here I am. I would be very grateful if someone could help me :heartpulse: :sweat:

1 Like

I know you said you used different customisation templates, but I’m just checking, are the labels the same on each of them? For example custom_female_1? If they are the same on all of the templates, it will go to the first template you used with those labels.

1 Like

Moved to Creator’s Corner since this does not appear to be a portal bug. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

Yeah it’s different. For the her normal self it’s custom_fem_1 and the others are either 2 or 3. It’s weird because this issue hasn’t occurred before and I’m already working on another chapter but only today have I seen it in the app. I was rereading chapter 1 to make sure everything seemed right. (checking grammar, coding errors, fixing overlays, etc)

1 Like

Tysm, for replying though. I still can’t seem to find the issue but I did try using the becomes command and I think it looks fine. I also copied the script and pasted it on a google doc so if I do prefer it and can find the solution I’ll change it back. I was just so frustrated because I was always able to find a way to fix things in my script but this I just couldn’t seem to resolve. :sweat_smile: :white_heart:

1 Like