Writer's Portal Update: Week of May 22, 2023 (yes, we know it’s late)

First off, we’d like to take a second to say that we’re so sorry we’d caught everyone off guard with this update! This update slipped past us in terms of putting out what was new before it was released. We truly do apologize.

Below you’ll find the updates we made:

Outfit Editor Updates

This is meant to make it easier to see your character and the changes you make as you scroll through further clothing and/or down the page. Additionally, clothing items now have a visibility toggle, so you can turn on or off a clothing item to see how everything pairs together without having to remove every piece on and off.

Snippets

We’ve added a small selection of keyboard shortcuts to the Donacode editor. Ctrl should work on all platforms; Cmd is also supported on macOS.

Zone Scrolling

We’ve removed the limitation on the Camera Focus tool on Portal. Previously, authors were locked into single zones for Focus scrolling. Now, you’ll be able to scroll across all background zones!

81 Likes

Holy crap dude! Shortcuts! My dream come true!

19 Likes

Thank you so much @Tory ! All of these features will definitely help out . Especially those short cuts .

8 Likes

Thank you! this will personally be so useful!!

25 Likes

Thank you! These will be so handy!

5 Likes

OMG!
Finally something really amazing! Thank you!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Will this affect the zooming already done in our scripts? Since the X and Y axis can now go higher.

12 Likes

This is awesome (especially the keyboard shortcuts)

@Tory, – for the zone scrolling-- does this mean we can now use 1/2 zone areas as well for character spotting/zooming in on them or - ? today seems to be a day for brain fog for me and I’m not quite understanding. lol :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Thank Tory, going to take a while for me to get use to it lol

2 Likes

THIS RIGHT HERE IS THE ONEEEE OMGGG :heart_eyes:
icl episode ate with this one :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

19 Likes

YESSSSSSSSS

14 Likes

Life saver! This is gonna be great for people using script templates like parties or weddings. It makes spot directing easier.

6 Likes

Yay! Happy news :blush::blush:

4 Likes

These are the updates I love to see! Ctrl + 5, my new beloved :smile:

8 Likes

YESS :sob:

2 Likes

I was wondering the same

Omg yes
Yes yes yesssssss

Speechbubble is really hard :smiling_face_with_tear: finally it’s easy now

3 Likes

Can someone explain the zoom scrolling

3 Likes

ya, its pretty much zoom while scrolling

you can zoom throughout all zones without having to constantly change between zones. it basically saves you the because you don’t have to code every single time cut to zone 1/2/3 and then zoom in in all those zones

6 Likes