Portal version vs mobile app version

Hello,

I have a problem with playing written script on mobile app. When I play it on portal version, everything seems fine, codes are okay, no mistakes. But when I want to play written version on mobile app, animations are different here. For example I put animation : walk_neutral_loop_rear and on portal it is okay, but on mobile app characters goes like walk_neutral_backward_loop and there is written “walk_neutral” while playing this code. Same with other types of walking. Here is the screenshoot of my codes. However I don’t think there is mistake in the codes when on portal everything goes alright.

Your pauses aren’t long enough hence why some animations look/play out different

1 Like

I tried to prolong pauses but it is still the same. I know that when there is not long enough pause, the animation will just move without walking. But I have problem, that on the mobile app there appears different animation than the one I have in the script. It looks like mobile app doesn’t know this animation so it uses simple walking version instead. Because on the portal everything works perfectly. I even submitted ticked on Helpdesk so I hope they will fix it for me. Thanks for trying to help :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Maybe try to change places with commands…
Sometimes I had issues with directions while using “does it while,” so I put “faces right/left” after the “does it while” command.
Something like this:

&MICHELLE spot 0.802 386 241 in zone 3 and MICHELLE faces right and MICHELLE moves to layer 2 and MICHELLE walks to spot 0.802 78 211 in zone 3 in 2 then MICHELLE walks to spot 0.660 315 270 in zone 2 in 2 and MICHELLE does it while walk_neutral_loop_rear and MICHELLE faces right
@pause for 2
&pan to zone 2 in 4
@pause for 2.1
&MICHELLE walks to spot 0.660 201 291 in zone 1 in 3 and MICHELLE does it while walk_neutral_loop and MICHELLE faces left

1 Like

Or try this:
&MICHELLE spot 0.802 386 241 in zone 3 and MICHELLE faces left and MICHELLE moves to layer 2
@pause for a beat
&MICHELLE walks to spot 0.802 78 221 in zone 3 in 2 and MICHELLE faces left then MICHELLE walks to spot 0.660 315 270 in zone 2 in 4 and MICHELLE faces right and MICHELLE does it while walk_neutral_loop_rear then MICHELLE faces left
@pause for 2
&pan to zone 2 in 4
@pause for 4.1
&MICHELLE walks to spot 0.660 201 292 in zone 1 in 3 and MICHELLE faces left
&pan to zone 1 in 3

I think the issue was that the walk times and the pan time wasn’t equal.
So, when I ran your first code through my proofread/help story, she slid into zone 1 and didn’t do the walk style at all. I changed the 2nd walk (the backward one) to equal with the and changed the 2nd pause to 4.1 so that the system gets to the end of that command before she walks to zone 1. It ran pretty smoothly in my portal run. Give it a try and let me know if anything needs adjusting :slight_smile:

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Can you copy and paste your code here, and I’ll try to fix it for you?!

Also… may I ask why Michelle starts so big only to shrink as she walks?! :thinking: Is there any specific reason why you did that?!

Both Mobile Apps and Interactive Web Portals can provide a broad range of functionality. The biggest difference is perhaps that the Web Portal requires an internet connection to access while the Mobile App is physically on the device being used .