Portrayals on a specific culture or religion

Ok, I just need to let this out cause this annoys me.
I hate the way some people portray someone of a specific culture or religion. I understand that they may not be of that religion or culture. BUT PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH! Some portrayals can be offensive. I’ve been reading a story, I don’t want to name it cause of drama and stuff but I was offended in the way they portrayed this Muslim character. No offence, I do not want to cause drama I am just voicing my opinions. I just want people to research and learn about a religion and what they do. Lastly-
Why do people have the portray the Muslim kid as rebellious? And they have strict, super religious parents? Then, they end up doing something super bad. Like, please- I can be rebellious but my parents aren’t strict. They let me go out etc. Like please stop stereotyping. I’m sorry if I offended anyone I just had to rant this.

1 Like

Would u be free to help me with what to include for Muslim characters, please? Some of my characters are Muslim and I really don’t want to get any information wrong (:

1 Like

Aw! Yes I would be happy to help! If you have Instagram you can DM any questions!

Also thank you for asking and researching etc it means a lot :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@m.h.c.episode & thank u so much! (: