Positivity Thread

People tend to be more negative than positive, so I thought it would be a nice idea to create a positivity thread, where people can encourage each other, and just spread positivity. Here people can talk about their problems if they like, and maybe someone can help them. The forums is a wonderful place filled with extremely helpful people, but sometimes you just don’t know where to find them :purple_heart: So, I’ll start first.

My problem

Sometimes I feel like no one understands me. I feel like a nobody. I feel so different from everyone else. I just feel so depressed a lot of the time, and sometimes I just want someone to say I’m perfect just the way I am. I just want someone to love me, but that’s obviously too much too ask for. I feel so trapped, and I just want to be free.

By the way, if anyone responds, I’m going off after this, but I’ll probably be back later. So thanks in advance :gift_heart:

1 Like

You have to learn to love yourself first before depending on anyone else for that. The moment you allow yourself to hold on to waiting for someone to show and say it, you may find yourself always wondering, why!

It’s a process that takes time, but once you let you, love you, waiting for another persons affirmation will be a distant memory! :purple_heart:

1 Like

I feel the same way
@TamiRose can you give me advice

Everyone is perfect in their own unique way. Definitely including you! It’s okay to feel the way that you do. Tip: when you feel upset like this, you should do something that makes you feel happy. It doesn’t matter what it is, it can be anything!

Just know that you have a purpose. You don’t need looks and popularity to keep having it.

2 Likes

There are 7 billion people in the world, even if only the 0.1% of the population likes you (it’s completely impossible that the percentage is so low considering how kind you seem) you still have 7 million people that are madly in love with you! You project what you believe in. If you feel that you’re unworthy, others will look at you that way. You have to live with yourself for the rest of your life while others come and go constantly, so start to love yourself first.

Watch the movie “The Secret” and everything will make sense :wink:

4 Likes
Some (or.. a lot of) words to maybe make you feel a little less lonely.

I get it. Maybe you don’t believe me, but I’ll just put that out there. I am, and maybe you are too, so, so different from everybody else around me. People around me are smiling, laughing, they’re enjoying themselves. And I’m more depressed than I’ve ever been. I’m walking around school, and hearing voices, sometimes seeing things, feeling just the same as I have for years. Mental illness, or even just bad mental health in general, it sucks. It takes a lot of things away from you, but above a lot of things, it’s isolating. You don’t quite fit into the jigsaw puzzle anymore, and you’re not so colourful anymore. You don’t understand how people can be so happy all the time. And then there’s the stigma around it. It isolates you even more. But you aren’t alone. Say you’re in a room, with all the people who love you and care for you (which is a lot!). And you turn the lights off. You can’t see anyone there, you start to feel all alone. But they are there, and they will be there for you. Because however alone you feel, there will always be someone out there who can say that they get it, and someone out there who might not get it fully, but they want to help you and listen to you and support you. There is always someone out there. Maybe they’re not related to you, maybe you don’t see them every day. Maybe you’ve never even met them before. But they’re always, always there.

So, this might not mean much, cause it might seem like I’m just saying what you want to hear, but you are perfect just the way you are. All the little flaws you notice about you, and all the good things you might not notice, they all make up you. And I don’t want anybody else other than you. I don’t want ‘pretend-happy’ you, or ‘everything’s fine’ you. So if you ever need to talk or gush or rant or unload or whatever, my PMs are always open. However upset I get, I will never close my PMs off, and you can always message me. And that goes for everybody.

So, on a more positive note. You are beautiful and perfect and amazing just the way you are, and so is everyone reading this. And please don’t just read it, smile and go
‘oo thx girl u too’
Read it and try to believe it. It’s okay if you don’t succeed, just try. However many stupid mistakes you’ve made in the past, however many bitchy things that might’ve slipped from your mouth, you are a good person. You’re human, and everyone makes those mistakes.

It’s already been said, but I’ll reiterate it. Someone once told me, and this goes for everyone:
“If only 0.1% of the population loves you, that’s still 7 million people who care about you and would do anything for you. There will always be someone who cares. So don’t you ever, ever say that nobody in the world loves you.”

1 Like

Don’t listen to what others say. You are beautiful. You are blessed. You are loved. Don’t ever stop smiling it is so beautiful. Don’t ever cry because you don’t have to. Don’t ever take shit when you know what to do. Be nice even if others aren’t nice to you. Spread love and happiness. Grow up and have a family. Be loved and give love. Love yourself. Before you love others. Be kind and don’t ever hate yourself. Because you are blessed my love.

1 Like

I remember feeling the exact same way not too long ago. It really is about learning to love yourself before caring if others even like you (They do, by the way. Statistically, not counting family, there are at least 3 people longing to be your friend and you don’t even know it!). Some things you can do to help yourself, you can look at yourself in the mirror, and compliment yourself. Ignoring those bad thoughts about yourself is HUGE! You have to remember that there is only one of you! The happier you are with yourself, the greater the capacity you have for happiness! You can’t be truly happy without being happy with who you are!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.