Potential code bug?

hi all, I made a post about getting a certain error on the web previewer which was preventing me entirely from previewing my story and I wanted to share some interesting things I found.

so, here’s the error:

I decided to work on an old story I sort of abandoned whilst Episode looks into this error. I managed to preview the progress I had made on this old story just fine, then I was suddenly hit with the same error AFTER I made the following changes:

I had the narrator “speak” before a character customization code, plus the template I used (from dara amarie) has now added in the newer specially dyed hairstyles. The error suddenly occurred when I clicked save & preview. Weird, never had that happen before, but okay.

I changed the narrator “speaking” before the choice of CC to the actual character, as well as removed the specially dyed hairstyles part of the code/template. Hit save & preview, the error has now gone and I am able to see my progress again.

I’ve been emailing Episode support back and forth, plus I’ve just let them know what I did to fix the error on the older story.

I’ll edit this post when they get back to me and are able to confirm what EXACTLY the error is, but I thought it was interesting to share.

Has anyone else ran into this error? I know I had someone reply to me on my other post saying they just had to keep refreshing and waiting, then the error just vanished, but I’ve not been so lucky. Even after a complete reinstall of my PC, using another one, all the general fixes etc. I was still getting the issue and now I’ve discovered what looks like a temp fix!

Final update: Episode support basically said since I fixed it myself, they’ve closed the case and aren’t looking into the error itself to fix it. :grimacing:

I got the same thing!!
Decided to check out my old abandoned episode but when previewing it gives the same error-
I have not found a fix yet.

edit: and to also point out that episode doesn’t recognize any errors to even fix

1 Like

Try editing a NARRATOR “speaking” if you have it to a character, save & preview and see if that works for you? You can go back and change it to NARRATOR after the error’s gone - it worked for me and I’ve been able to progress on my story nicely.

Episode support basically said since I fixed it myself, they’ve closed the case and aren’t looking into the error itself to fix it. :grimacing:

I keep getting errors too, idk whats up with episode atm

1 Like

Hopefully you can fix it if none of my methods above work. :smiling_face: