Potential Scene from a WIP//Poll

Is this too deep?!? :grimacing::thinking:

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

I donā€™t want to vote yes or no because I assume this is in terms of Episode. As a white girl, I obviously canā€™t relate to this situation. But I do understand. I donā€™t think itā€™s too deep (I actually think it should be talked about more), but with the guidelines, it would probably be flagged by the episode team.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll take that into consideration and go over the guidelines again before I post/publish the chapter. Thank you so much. Iā€™ve been looking for actual feedback and not just a yes or no response so I appreciate the time you took. :blush:

1 Like

Of course! Iā€™ve just seen authors have controversial topics like this in their stories and they have been contacted by episode to have it removed otherwise their stories would be removed. I didnā€™t want the same for you :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No, I donā€™t think this is too deep. But then again others may think differently.

Side note but whenever u finish the story, can you send me it? I love it so far!

1 Like

Move forward with your scene. We need more of this on the app.

3 Likes

Not a problem. Iā€™m thinking this will be a scene were the reader can either chose to ease drop on, or not. Westley and his mom arenā€™t main characters but their parts in the story is integral to the MCā€™s life and how they can potentially view things.

I wanted to show the POV from a black male and the fear that laces conversations like this when parents have to have them with their children, but especially their boys.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s a good idea! I love that youā€™re writing stories that represent reality, we donā€™t get enough of that on this app. Especially from a POC point of view.

1 Like

I think so too. Iā€™m just worried Episode will force me to remove the scene because as someone stated above, itā€™s too ā€œcontroversialā€.

Itā€™s important to the following conversation that happens with the MC and her parents and another unpopular topic. If I have to tweak it a bit to be Epi approved, then Iā€™ll just have to grunt and smile my way through it, but I never see anything like this in stories and while I never lost anyone to gun violence, and police brutality, I know people who have. This may not be my truth to speak on, but it still needs to be toldā€¦:woman_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

:thinking: I say move forward with it. I honestly donā€™t see it as a ā€œcontroversialā€ topic. Itā€™s just a worried mother speaking to her son about their reality. Your not breaking any guidelines from the scene you showed us.

I have one friend that has a story that deal with harsher subject matters. If it makes you feel better you can have a Trigger warning that says ā€œThis story discuss controversial topics. Reader discretion is advised.ā€ Me personally, I would make the scene. Because we donā€™t have alot of stories being told from our point of view. Itā€™s just sad that our reality is much harsher.

1 Like

Bump

It sounds like a very beautiful scene of whatā€™s going on in todayā€™s world. Mature vocabulary, I would love to see this be displayed correctly, it could end up a fan-favorite of mine on the app when you publish. I hope in this scene you fill the atmosphere with the emotion of what the characters are feeling and you seem to be on that line. I look forward to this piece in the future, You seem talented.

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it. This topic is one of the many that I want to touch on and, Iā€™m honestly trying to get the plot straightened out.

Hopefully, I can live up to such awesome and high expectationsā€¦ Weā€™ll see and keep our fingers crossed. :crossed_fingers:t5::grimacing::crossed_fingers:t5: :woozy_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.