Pressing matters

I understand, some stories makes it look like its cool to drink when you still a minor .

I don’t approve it at all.
Personal reasons.

1 Like

Alright

No, I mean

My dad has had an alcohol problem for years, so I tend to consider alcohol
 not a trigger, but something I’m more concerned about than I should be.

If my ma has a glass of wine I try to prevent her from drinking it, out of fear.
I don’t drink alcohol, but when I get a sip of it just to taste I immediately want more.

Stuff like that.

1 Like

So you don’t like watching minors drink because it concern you they might end up with the same problem?

In a weird way, yes.
In my situation, having an addicted parent can potentially double your chances, and a lot of other family members have addiction problems as well.
So basically I’m screwed.

But if it’s all in good humor (party in a story not about alcoholism etc) then it’s okay. It’s just if the story is ABOUT addiction or has it as a major theme.

Am I concerned that it sends the wrong message? Yes and no

1 Like

I understand

You are not “screwed”. The fact that you are aware, is enough to help you make smarter decisions and it seems you are trying by staying away from it. Don’t take a sip if you know you can’t stop. You can do it.

I do not agree with drinking under 18
 Depending on the characters in my stories, I sometimes include it because it’s totally realistic for some and making fake, perfect characters isn’t my thing.

2 Likes

I don’t mind it that much as there are underage drinking
 it’s just fiction. I don’t try to take it as nothing more than that.

2 Likes

I’m okay with seeing it in stories as long as it’s not too frequent, and they aren’t encouraging people to drink underage

1 Like

I get it.
just on a minor point of view will they take is as fiction or will they see it as encouragement that its okay?

Understandable.

1 Like

I haven’t seen someone take fiction as something that is normal or an encouragement. It’s a story there’s nothing to be taken literally.

2 Likes

Alright I get it :heart:

But remember Just because the problem doesn’t affect you and you do not see it doesn’t mean its present to other.

Doesn’t bother me as not every country has the same laws. In Australia it’s 18 years to start drinking So showing someone 18 going out and partying is fine because that’s what they do like I couldn’t imagine waiting until 21 to start going out at all by the time I was 21 I stopped going out I was over it.

Nothing much can be done about it i life its the parents job underage kids get majority of their alcohol from their parents and their attitude towards it as well.

2 Likes

Alright.
countries rules do make it difficult for the topic to have one view point.

I started drinking when I was 16. I got drunk sometimes even. It didn’t kill me nor did it make me into an alcoholic. I think from 16 on is an appropriate age for drinking.

1 Like

Yeah and some countries allow 16 as the appropriate age.