Previewer Not Working !?

Hey there, I’ve been trying to preview my story that I’ve been working on, I’m currently on the 6th chapter and I was close to publishing that chapter and were making my few final changes when it suddenly stops letting me preview. I get a black screen, a loading error, a white screen, or sometimes it’ll show my characters bedroom which is the 1st line after my black screen (that’s supposed to pan to zone 3 immediately but stays on 1.) I’ve tried accessing it through another device, changing my wi-fi, restarting my laptop, and even cutting down on lines in my scenes, nothing’s working! I waited 3 weeks thinking it just might’ve been a bug but at this point I feel it’s been too long. I’m currently writing in classic and have had no problems with the previewer thus far. Has something similar happened to anyone else in the past 3 weeks?

I’ve never written in the Classic style, but is your camera zoomed in at all? Sometimes that shows a black screen due to being zoomed in on a section outside of the visual background.

It might also be beneficial to show a screenshot of the affected section of your script, just in case there is something there that we might be able to spot and rectify.

If all else fails - I suggest submitting a support ticket. :thinking:

1 Like

Good advice!! This is my script, I actually did have a line where I zoomed out and I removed that but I’m stuck on the loading screen still. I’m going to leave it to load for a bit, but other than that I hopefully assume correct that my script has no errors? :sweat_smile:

I don’t see any errors, so the only thing I can think of is the INT. BLACK - NIGHT background which is known to cause some problems sometimes. You could try swapping it for another background, save it and then preview from the beginning again to see if it works?

I guess you could also try adding @cut to zone 1 and @zoom reset just to see if that changes anything and forces it retain the default view before panning?

2 Likes

Thank you so much!! I’m definitely gonna try those tomorrow, I’m currently dozing off with my phone in my hand :rofl: I’ll definitely be following up on that tomorrow.

1 Like

Baha, no problem! I hope your issue gets sorted out. Sleep well btw!

2 Likes

Lolzz you too!! Thanks for the help ! :smile:

1 Like

Okay so follow up - I found out that it’s just episode classic that’s having the previewing problem. I made a test story for limelight and it worked, but with classic it doesn’t! :cry: I’ve tried restarting my laptop, doing it on another device, everything in the book basically lol. It sucks because I won’t be able to write my story now. I’m gonna email episode and see what they can do but seeing how they don’t update or fix classic story issues at all, I won’t think I’ll have anything luck. It sucks!! :broken_heart: Thanks for your help though! :frowning:

1 Like

I’m really sorry about that! I can only imagine how much that must suck for you. :worried:

1 Like

It does! The chapters took me days to code. :sob: I basically grew up reading classic stories like dripping mascara and I was so close to publishing!! I’ll have to learn to code limelight now :smiling_face_with_tear: At least I know what I’m doing somewhat, but I find it so confusing.:melting_face:

1 Like