Problem with more than one action in dialogue

Hello. I know how to do the more than once action in dialogue thing, but when switching to the different animation, it seems choppier and looks as if my character jerks into it or is glitching.

I’ve tried using different seconds and even tried to do it without speeding it up, but it seems my character doesn’t know what to do.

Can someone help with switching into a different animation more smoothly? Thanks.

2 Likes

Can you show your script?

2 Likes

Are you talking about each new line of dialogue being a new animation, or switching animations while saying one line of dialogue?

Can you SS or Copy/Paste the part of your script you’re talking about? It’d help to see what the code is :slight_smile:

1 Like

Switching animations while saying one line of dialogue, and yes, I wasn’t available but now, I can show my script.

@ColeCatalyst
@lizzyxotwod

Okay so there are many instances like this:

but here’s just an example. Am I doing it right? And if I am, how do I make it more like a smooth transition into the second animation instead of jerking into it?

&EDEN starts talk_phone_angry loop and pause for .5 THEN EDEN starts talk_phone_surprised_loop

^^^try this?

1 Like

Okay, I tried it. But the char did not finish the first action before moving to the next.

1 Like

Basically just did it for a millisecond then moved on.

Try playing with the and pause for # moving up by .1 (to be real and pause for 1 usually shows a full animation length) or you can break the sentence up like :

EDEN (talk_phone_angry_loop)
First question
EDEN (talk_phone_surprised_loop)
second question?

1 Like

I paused for 1 and it is really less choppier. But sometimes, without the loop animations, I’d probably have to pause for a much lesser time because they end abruptly :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

Thanks very much!

1 Like

No problem, love. Glad I could help you out. but yeah since it’s seconds I usually start with 1 then go down by .9, .8,etc until it looks how I want and vice versa for making it longer. lol

2 Likes

That is actually a good idea. I’ll try that too.

2 Likes

Also, I think I’m going to tell the readers to tap slowly for all animations to play. So that yk, less glitchy and jerky movements. But so far, everything’s looking good.

1 Like

Yes, definitely especially if you also have zooms in your story. This is what I put, even though I haven’t published any of my stories yet:
NARRATOR
This story uses sounds and zooms
Turn on your volume and try not to click too fast
Every choice matters

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.