Problem with writing/ ideas

Hi! I’m new on this forum (had an account but didn’t do anything with it. I was scared lol) but not new with the app.

I’ve actually had a few ideas and made it into stories (which sucked since I was young and unknown tbh, some concepts are pretty okay I guess but need to be remade, they are soooo bad lol).

I’ve been wanting to write a story again, whether it’s for this app or a book, since writing is my passion and I love to do it but here comes my problem:

I can’t seem to put anything on paper. The ideas don’t come flowing like they used to do when I was younger/ a few years ago. I don’t know if it’s just something in my head like fear or that I just am not capable of writing. I feel like I can’t write anymore and I hate it since I wanna do it really bad. I’ve looked up so many topics about writer’s block but nothing seems to help. This is actually the longest post I’ve written in a long time.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Maybe you have some tips, I mean, even if I heard it al before you could have something entirely different that works for you.

I hope I put this topic in the right category and I am sorry if there is already a topic about this. I saw that there are a lot of topics about writer’s block, but I thought; why not try. Also English is not my first language so if I typed something wrong it’s probably because of that.

I hope this doesn’t sound stupid.

Thank you in advance!

I usually get ideas by watching shows, movies, reading books, and sometimes by listening to music. The trick is to keep an open mind. After all, you can get ideas and inspiration from pretty much anything.

1 Like

I’ve had this happen to me a lot of times before. I think one of the things that always made me gain ideas is watching and reading different types of media. If there’s a concept that I really liked, like a murder mystery, I might use that as a general layout.

With a very basic concept, I try of thinking ways to make it more than just something general by adding a twist or something that would give it an identity like “a murder mystery, but the characters are trapped in a school by a deranged maniac who tries to force them to kill.”.

From there, I would start developing the characters, the conflict, and the backstory.

1 Like

Thank you for replying. I agree that ideas and inspiration can come from anything. Also heard a few times that it’s not necessary to have inspiration to be able to write something. I just seem to have trouble with that. I feel like it all sucks, you know?

1 Like

Thank you for responding!

Sounds very interesting! I might give it a try to start with a basic concept and then working my way up.

1 Like

Hey, you just need some courage!!! You’ll never know what you’re capable of until you try! I would say just don’t care about grammar or spelling mistakes or coding and just write down your idea. Even if it doesn’t seem right, writing it down will help you see the bigger picture and make it seem more possible. Start writing not to show others but to show your self how much you can do. After writing your idea, try elaborating it. That would help you gain more confidence in your story. Also, always feel free to ask us for help in the forum! We’re all writers here, whether we’re experienced authors or just starting to write. We’re all here to help each other.

Sorry if that sounded cheesy :joy:

But hope this helped! :blush:

2 Likes

Hi! What I do is just write stuff on a paper. For example here’s how I brainstormed for the magicka contest.

“Writing a story about magic is super hard to do. I mean it will all be cliche. I could do something about witches but I don’t really want to do that. Hmmmm… What if the MC didn’t have a soul? Ok why… Someone took it… But why would you do that. To save someone maybe???”

So I basically have a conversation with myself or just put random ideas on a paper. When you find one you kind of like, then ask questions about how it would work.

I hope this is helpful!

1 Like

Thank you so much! It’s not cheesy at all, it’s very sweet!

I will definitely try what you described here, thank you! And I do need some courage, indeed, you guys speaking to me helps a lot.

Every tip is welcome and helpful! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

It sounds like a great idea! Thank you so much, I’m gonna try it :blush:

1 Like

Hello @CatM, I’m Sydney the moderator. Welcome to the forum! :smiley: I’ve moved this thread to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t belong in any Creator’s Corner category. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like